[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Sep 1, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #5,507 of 7,442
Sep 1, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #5,510 of 7,442
Where'd you order from, as long as thin could care less on color. One of the friends I gifted a MP to has torn all 4 that came with it and was asking where I bought them, since I'm down to about 6 pairs it seems time to stock up and gift some. 

EBay my man. Buy it now and sort by lowest with shipping included. Don't spend more than a couple bucks!

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #5,511 of 7,442
  I guess I am the strange one since I have not used any of my foams at all. Dozens of them are sitting in my closet aging away

And they don't last forever! Unless you store them in an inert gas maybe.

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #5,513 of 7,442
Massdrop Monk Plus RED with expansion pack silicone rings over-fitted with doughnut foamies.
Seem to be getting fuller, more robust bass with the REDs.
Al Martino sounds very good right now.
Amazing, affordable little gems, these Monks.

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #5,514 of 7,442
  Massdrop Monk Plus RED with expansion pack silicone rings over-fitted with doughnut foamies.
Seem to be getting fuller, more robust bass with the REDs.
Al Martino sounds very good right now.
Amazing, affordable little gems, these Monks.

Some have called me crazy for this but I did a blind A/B/C with red, darth black and smoke grey Monk+ models (the original release).

Could not tell any difference between darth black or smoke grey, even to the touch, but the red one is ever so slighly lighter than the non-MD monks to me, thus they have just a bit less bass.

Anyone else who hoards monks found this? It could still be placebo/mental influence easily.

Different topic: Anyone knows how to open the Monk+ shell? I can not find this out although I read it somewhere on here before. I have a set i want to recable as the cable has been broken off partway.

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #5,517 of 7,442
Anyone here who owns both x3ii and Plenue D? I'm thinking of pairing the Monks with these DAPs and thinking which of the 2 would pair best.
i have x3ii b4 and plenue d. Plenue d will pair better

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #5,520 of 7,442
As of a few days ago (before reading this thread) I would only consider IEM's, on ear and over ear headphones. I'm in for two pairs from the VE store. Never thought I'd ever be buying earbuds again. I used to turn up my nose to earbud users. Maybe I was wrong -  I see some benefits...

Up to my @ss in listening gear. Some more won't hurt I guess 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back