[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 30, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #5,478 of 7,442

Can't you get as many ex packs as you want as long as you get one monk? Worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

Lee himself told me it was only 1 ex pack per monk.

ahhh i checked and you are right, sorry about that/

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #5,479 of 7,442
please vote for your desired colour

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Vote-for-the-next-VE-Monk-Plus-color

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #5,482 of 7,442
I placed an order. Hopefully I'll get a pair within 3 weeks. 

At $13 the benchmark is koss ksc75 territory. I doubt they'll match or exceed this standard. Hopefully the hype train contains some kernel of truth this time.

As long as they don't suck as bad as the last hype train derailment, XIAOMI PISTON CHOCOLATES, I won't be too upset. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #5,485 of 7,442
I got that Monk v1 from Ebay(Russian seller) that's been recabled and mic'ed. 

I just had to try it, and this sounds really good even without burn in. It's better than the Monk + I think. It's a bit clearer sounding in treble and upper midrange with good soundstage and better bass as well. These have quite a steep price compared to the original, but I actually feel it was worth it.

Until I get my VE Zen 2.0 this is my favorite earbud for the moment.

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #5,487 of 7,442

I just had to try it, and this sounds really good even without burn in. It's better than the Monk + I think. It's a bit clearer sounding in treble and upper midrange with good soundstage and better bass as well. These have quite a steep price compared to the original, but I actually feel it was worth it.

I'm happy you like it :)

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #5,488 of 7,442
is it a better cable? I have silver plated occ cable might use that one on monk, silver is too expensive though, 10 euro per meter of single strand so 40 euro

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #5,489 of 7,442

zen is in another league mate
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #5,490 of 7,442
is it a better cable? I have silver plated occ cable might use that one on monk, silver is too expensive though, 10 euro per meter of single strand so 40 euro

i dont like the sound of 100% silver cable, not as big of a deal if you dont like bass too much, but silver plated OCC i love the sound of.

Anyway I got a silver plated OCC cable, pre terminated with 3.5mm trrs, from Lunashops for 7.50. Shipping took forever but I plan to recable one of my monk+ with it, just so i can have one monk+ with mic+remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back