[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 29, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #5,461 of 7,442
I just hope the candy becomes more easily available.  I couldn't afford to wake up to try to get one, otherwise work would be quite difficult.  If I miss out entirely, oh well.

Aug 29, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #5,463 of 7,442
i will hv to wait for candie,v2....missed the drop by one highway :p

Aug 29, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #5,464 of 7,442
  i will hv to wait for candie,v2....missed the drop by one highway :p

I just got an email from the Monksters about the release of the green ones
blink.gif
Guess I'm just going to have to start collecting them in all their colors
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #5,465 of 7,442
I got in on the Candy party!
I hit send as soon as my clock turned midnight (gmt) and I got in at 66 in the list, glad I didn't even wait a second longer!
Thanks Lee :sunglasses:

Aug 29, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #5,466 of 7,442

I just got an email from the Monksters about the release of the green ones
blink.gif
Guess I'm just going to have to start collecting them in all their colors
biggrin.gif

isnt green on the poll for massdrop oo

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #5,467 of 7,442
I got in on the Candy party!
I hit send as soon as my clock turned midnight (gmt) and I got in at 66 in the list, glad I didn't even wait a second longer!
Thanks Lee :sunglasses:

I sent my message 3 seconds after 19:00 NYC time (well, it was actually 01:00 in the middle of the night in Europe) and got around #120. No candies for me :frowning2:
So it is fair to say that they sold out in 2 seconds :) That's impressive and it shows how much we love our Monks 
etysmile.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #5,468 of 7,442
Haha! I'm not interested in Monk+ candy and I'm happy with my semi-transparent and darth Monk+. Still, when I read the posts it reminds me a bit of when Blox release a batch of their earbuds (sorry Lee for bringing in other makers).

Agreed, happy with my Grey semi-transparent and red monk+. Congrats to all who made the candy purchase.

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #5,469 of 7,442
Yep was driving back from weekend out of town. Has set my phone for 5 minutes early so I could find an off ramp I could pull off with the boat, had my message already typed out just needed to hit send. Did that a minute after 1900 Eastern time and did not even come close. Oh well will wait for the next ones or maybe some green, blue or clear depending on what the next flavor is. Funny thing is last time I bought 4 reds and gave them all away and just ordered 4 more in the latest MassDrop sale and will probably give 2 of those away. this time keeping them for myself.

Here's a question, anyone know if you can just order the EX packs as I need some more foams, use those on all my earbuds. Did not see a way to do that on Veclan, thanks in advance and congrats to Lee and team on a great sale had the world waiting for you! 

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #5,470 of 7,442
A little late to the party but utterly surprised on how good these actually sound. Coming from the CKR9s and MSR7s these monks are no slouch.  While it did take a while for me to get mine. Its amazing the kind high quality sound you can get now a days.  Wont repeat whats been said a thousand times already but I do know I will be buying a bunch more soon.

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #5,472 of 7,442
  Should I get the expansion pack? Do the extra foams and rings make a difference?

Or, should I wait until the recabled candy becomes more readily available?

Expansion pack is definitely worth it for an additional $5, further down the road you will most likely need extra spare foams, you get an extra 8 pairs of the thin foams, 2 pairs of thicker full foams and 2 pairs of thicker donut foams.  If you have larger ears, then the rubber o-rings may give you a better fit and the ear hooks can help prevent the earbud from falling out so lots of options to try out.

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #5,475 of 7,442
Cool, I'll spring the for expansion pack. 

Looking forward to all your reviews for the candy. 

I only wish they sell expacks by themselves (but I understand you cannot buy expacks without buying Monks).

In 2 weeks I accidentally destroyed 3 pairs of the foams that MD Monks came with. I think the super thin foams work best with the Monks, so really want an infinite supply of thin foams ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back