[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jun 1, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #4,231 of 7,442
The foam covers that come with the Monk Plus are definitely a step down in quality (a lot thinner and prone to tear) compared with the (red) foam covers that came with the Original.  In fact, material quality overall seems to be uniformly lower with the Plus.  The Plus cable is also stiffer and retains the kinks from being bundled in the package.  The Original cable, however, is kink-free and rolls up very smoothly.  

Currently I have the Plus fitted with the red foam donuts that came with the Original.  Best sound I've heard from the Plus so far!  

Yup, doughnuts sound best to my ears too - plus, they're more comfortable :)

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #4,232 of 7,442
Listening to an old iPod Touch (3rd gen), using 16/44.1 ALAC files and the Monk Plus. Having a brilliant time :). Not clinical, not necessarily "the best" as defined by the current obsession with neutral/euphonic/whatever....just super-fun, head-bopping, goodness. 

@zhibli06 is running a revolution in audiophilia. Long may it last.

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #4,233 of 7,442
If anyone is attending T.H.E. Show at Newport in the next few days and can bring along any of the Venture Electronics earbud/in-ear lineup, it would be most appreciated. Shouldn't be too hard to find me, especially if we PM/collaborate before hand.

Thanks in advance! :bigsmile_face:

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #4,234 of 7,442
is asura or zen an upgrade over monk on the mids department?

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #4,235 of 7,442
is asura or zen an upgrade over monk on the mids department?

To add on to this: 
From what I have understand Asura is more for vocals while Zen is more for bass?

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #4,236 of 7,442
  To add on to this: 
From what I have understand Asura is more for vocals while Zen is more for bass?

oh but i love my vocals using the monk 
eek.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #4,237 of 7,442
If anyone is attending T.H.E. Show at Newport in the next few days and can bring along any of the Venture Electronics earbud/in-ear lineup, it would be most appreciated. Shouldn't be too hard to find me, especially if we PM/collaborate before hand.

Thanks in advance! :bigsmile_face:

Your in for a treat Moe Daddy:smile: For me the Monk really shines in a quite environment:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #4,239 of 7,442
Your in for a treat Moe Daddy:smile: For me the Monk really shines in a quite environment:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

A treat if someone comes through at the meet! :normal_smile :

What's great about the meets that I attend is that I usually get time before, during and after to listen to a plethora of audio equipment, for sometimes extended periods of time in quiet settings such as hotel rooms.

Newport should be great as I'll be able to listen to some pretty awesome sounding goods. I'll be bringing along some goodies as well.

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #4,240 of 7,442
A treat if someone comes through at the meet! :normal_smile :

What's great about the meets that I attend is that I usually get time before, during and after to listen to a plethora of audio equipment, for sometimes extended periods of time in quiet settings such as hotel rooms.

Newport should be great as I'll be able to listen to some pretty awesome sounding goods. I'll be bringing along some goodies as well.

Have agood time and I do hope a pair of Mnks meet you there:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #4,241 of 7,442
Have agood time and I do hope a pair of Mnks meet you there:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I will try, and I hope so as well. Last year had some vehicles that were "pimped out" from the same people as the "Pimp My Ride" show, so just that alone was pretty entertaining. Definitely a unique show compared to other audio based shows, that's for sure.

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #4,244 of 7,442
I got my Monk+ along with Asura 2 today. I`m very impressed with Monk+. By initial impressions more analytical and detailed/clearer/airier sound than original monk (which had smooth and engaging signature). Going to NUN-mod v2 them for sure 
tongue.gif
 first earbud that I can actually listen to without pushing them against "ear-cave" to get good sound. Highly recommended for earbud lovers! :wink:
  I have a few extra on the way so I was wondering if there were any monk + mods yet or is it still to early?

Still early... but I`m going to mod it for sure! :wink: Something similar as NUN-mod v1: http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-monk-plus-a-5-earbud-that-taking-the-world-by-storm/3720#post_12576789

Users who are viewing this thread

Back