[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Nov 25, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #406 of 7,442
Grayson73: Dude, they're less than $10 shipped. What's to even think about?

giphy.gif

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #407 of 7,442
  +10000000000.  I haven't read this thread till today.  What is going on?!?  Do I need to get them?

Yes, you need to.

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #409 of 7,442
@Grayson73: Dude, they're less than $10 shipped. What's to even think about?

giphy.gif

Will do when it comes back.  I didn't want a $5 earbud that sounds like a $50 one, but I became interested when they were being compared with DN-2000J, HD600, CKR9, and CKR9-LTD

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #412 of 7,442
I haven't listened to the monk in a good week and a half. Put it on last night before going to bed. BIG MISTAKE LOL. They were so good I had a hard time taking them off! Honestly the Monk is THE Best kept secret of the audio world. Best 5 dollar gear imo

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #413 of 7,442
Yes, you need to.

Yes you should. I've been listening them for almost one week and the other IEMs in my signature are being ignored. Monk give me a speaker-like experience in my ears. I can listen every genre with them without any ear fatigue. Once again I love them and will probably order 5-6 pcs for me and my friends and even my mother lol. :D

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #416 of 7,442
Nov 25, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #418 of 7,442
  +10000000000.  I haven't read this thread till today.  What is going on?!?  Do I need to get them?

Is that a serious question? YES! Why don't you have one already???

I haven't listened to the monk in a good week and a half. Put it on last night before going to bed. BIG MISTAKE LOL. They were so good I had a hard time taking them off! Honestly the Monk is THE Best kept secret of the audio world. Best 5 dollar gear imo

Not a secret mate! I tell everyone about them!

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #419 of 7,442
These buds are simply amazing, I substituted the red foam covers for some Heigi and noticed more clarity, the Heigi´s leave more of the Monk uncovered but unfortunately for me they made the bud too big and I also had to keep fiddling to get a proper fit, the Heigi´s came off and I can say without a doubt that bareback is the way to go as far as sound quality, with zero issues regarding comfort.

I recently purchased some Xiaomi Piston 3 and although I do think they sound fantastic, probably better than the Monk, I haven´t used them in two weeks because I always reach for these gems, the Piston 3 microphonics bother me when I compare the two plus every time I put on the Monk I say to myself : "fcuk me these things sound good" 
etysmile.gif
  This is the kind of product that helps put things into perspective, no need to spend a fortune to get great sound, this is a true Head-Fi landmark and everyone should know about it.

To those doubting, I doubted myself and all I can say is it is highly unlikely you will purchase a product of any kind with a better price/quality ratio in your lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back