[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Nov 24, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #391 of 7,442
Got my Monks today! took about a month to get them, but it was worth the wait. 

However i was hoping that they had less bass and better treble. However what you get is a very relaxing and cozy sound, bass is massive to my ears though. But compared to the Dasetn MC5 they are no way near as thick in the midrange. Still on the first day with 3-4 hours of playtime. 

Burn in them and try to wear over your ears. They may have less bass and more treble that way since it worked for me. :wink:

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #392 of 7,442
Burn in them and try to wear over your ears. They may have less bass and more treble that way since it worked for me.
wink.gif

My early burn in is going well. Too many earbuds bass lessens as they tighten up but the Monk driver is punching more and harder after some burn in. I think they fit me well as I have plenty of treble with a good punchy bass to balance it out and the mids are right up in from and clear. Not cozy and relaxing or rolled treble like some have reported but extended treble that is crisp, clean vocals, and punchy bass but not dominant. Don't need over the ears myself. Actually worse sounding when I tried it out.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #394 of 7,442
Monk leaves my CKR9 and CKR9LTD to dust. That's really something. :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #395 of 7,442
Nov 25, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #396 of 7,442
Yeah, when you get to Monk's sound there is no way to go back to CKRs. They sound like some cheap IEMs after Monk. That's odd but true for me. No, I don't enjoy CKRs anymore after spending some time with Monk. :wink: I wear them over the ears.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #397 of 7,442
Yeah, when you get to Monk's sound there is no way to go back to CKRs. They sound like some cheap IEMs after Monk. That's odd but true for me. No, I don't enjoy CKRs anymore after spending some time with Monk. :wink: I wear them over the ears.

Well, I don't have the monks yet (where the heck are they!), but I feel you.. my iems became functionally ignored after I got the zens :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #398 of 7,442
waynesworld you took those words right out of my mouth.
 Who needs a CKR then meh...pffft = CKR temptation now ignored.

Take that CKR  dough and put it towards a Zen / upcoming Asura I guess is how it works.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #400 of 7,442
Well, I don't have the monks yet (where the heck are they!), but I feel you.. my iems became functionally ignored after I got the zens :)

That's what I'm talking about. There's something magical in Monk's sound. So addictive and natural. :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #402 of 7,442
Received my VE Monk, and first impression is - very much like my Senns HD600. 
Where it`s better to order these earbuds with mic ..? I dont like long waiting from Ali, because I`m in Europe 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #403 of 7,442
  Received my VE Monk, and first impression is - very much like my Senns HD600. 
Where it`s better to order these earbuds with mic ..? I dont like long waiting from Ali, because I`m in Europe 
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool! Monk with mic still discontinued unfortunately and no plans for back with mic version.

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #405 of 7,442

Users who are viewing this thread

Back