2020 - Most comfortable high end headphones under $2k?
May 22, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #31 of 53
Indeed, the first time I requested a return within one hour :/ I'm really impressed how they can make that happen.
I had to do this once for the exact same reason. Kept the headphones for another day or 2 just to make sure but every time I put them on I had to put the off within 15 minutes due to serious neck pain issues. The sound was nice and transparent but the comfort ....
The cans? Audeze lcd2c closed back.

OTOH I don't have any issues with the 450g weight of the Sash Tres, which with some mods are my actual most comfortable headphones. Besting the top range Beyerdynamics and more, for me.
One other headphone I really disliked due to comfort is the audio-technica A1000Z, I never got a proper fit with those.

May 22, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #32 of 53
May 22, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #33 of 53
I had to do this once for the exact same reason. Kept the headphones for another day or 2 just to make sure but every time I put them on I had to put the off within 15 minutes due to serious neck pain issues. The sound was nice and transparent but the comfort ....

OTOH I don't have any issues with the 450g weight of the Sash Tres, which with some mods are my actual most comfortable headphones. Besting the top range Beyerdynamics and more, for me.
One other headphone I really disliked due to comfort is the audio-technica A1000Z, I never got a proper fit with those.
Yeah my audeze's do get heavy after a while.

May 22, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #34 of 53
You can get the steel headband and bend it if you really enjoy your audezes. Carbon fiber won't let you do that. By nature carbon fiber wants to keep the shape it's molded into.

May 22, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #35 of 53

Sad to hear. Comfort is 1st and sound is 2nd. A serious neck pain issues? Definitely return it asap! The headphone I returned was Denon AH-7200. The earpads were very comfortable but the headband...?! It felt like something like a rock inside the headband on top of my head. Bass didn't even sound good. Beyerdynamic T5p.2 does everything right and also cheaper than 7200.

May 22, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #36 of 53
On my Audeze LCD 2, rev. 2.2 I turned the headband 180 degrees, took a strip of denim with a tiny bit of tension so its like a suspension headband (under the stock) and put on Dekoni Elite Velour pads = Most comfy headphones ever.

Edit: Spelling

May 22, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #39 of 53
Interestingly, Sennheiser has reduced the price of HD 800 S on their website to $1399 which is less than they are going for on ebay. Though I don't see shops updating their prices just yet.

The HD 800S is on sale for a Dads and Grads promo along with the HD 820. Most dealers who have them in stock will be running the sale. Sale ends on June 21st but the HD 800S is already on backorder until probably July. So if you're looking to grab one at that price, I'd recommend scooping one up now from the available stock out there!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 23, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #41 of 53
Comfort-wise, it's probably the HD800/S. They aren't heavy and they fit very nicely around my ears.

The Audeze headphones are totally out of the running in this competition.

May 24, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #42 of 53
On my Audeze LCD 2, rev. 2.2 I turned the headband 180 degrees, took a strip of denim with a tiny bit of tension so its like a suspension headband (under the stock) and put on Dekoni Elite Velour pads = Most comfy headphones ever.

Would be interested to see some pics :)

May 24, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #44 of 53
HEKse and ADX5000 are the most comfortable headphones i tried ever , but not sure if you will like the sound
Z1R is very light and comfortable , but the cable connector part hit my shoulders which i dont like about them at all otherwise they are so light

May 24, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #45 of 53
HEKse and ADX5000 are the most comfortable headphones i tried ever , but not sure if you will like the sound
Z1R is very light and comfortable , but the cable connector part hit my shoulders which i dont like about them at all otherwise they are so light

ADX5000 no doubt so comfortable, but sadly in my country, there's no sparepart that can be bought online or by request with official ATH dealer here for the original ADX5000 alcantara earpads (already asked them), kindda bummer indeed, ATH seems not selling the earpads like sennheiser or like many other companies as well, the only solution is depends on third party pads like dekoni etc, idk why they dont sell the original spareparts as separate accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back