2017 Audio Technica new flagship ATH-ADX5000
Dec 6, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #646 of 1,495
Ok,thanks!

Here's what I've got - P91202-193145.jpg (on the right)

Doesn't look like A2DC to me, the outer contact is different

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #647 of 1,495
Does anyone use some custom cable for these headphones? Looks like these connectors are so unpopular that even big cable makers doesn’t provide an option on their sites...

I tried to order some a2dc connectors on aliexpress but the connectors I got don’t fit, looks like they sent me something else :)

I also contacted russian cable maker who said that adx5000 are not “normal” a2dc and he cound’t find fitting connectors.
Hi
Check out this post Post #598.
The a2dc connectors by Forza audio works fit perfectly. Just email matt about specific connectors/cable for any hps not given in their catalogue.
Noir HPC MK2 is definitely better than stock unbalanced/balanced cables.

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #650 of 1,495
Wow! I'm quite shocked there's no new posts since mine here. This headphone is a beast, did so few notice that?

DSCF3529-1.jpg DSCF3546.JPG

I got my Forza Noir MK2 cable and this is such an improvement in ergonomics versus the stock one! Pretty much perfect headphone for me now. Versatile, EXTREMELY technical and still very pleasant sounding! From all the headphones that I heard (and I auditioned something like a dozen of flagships at the shop listening session when I was in the market for a new headphone) only SR-009s and Susvaras were (marginally) better.

BTW, I don't see any "official" replacement pads for these on Audio-Technica site, aren't these available? I'm so satistied with the sound that I don't even want to alter it with some custom pads though I liked one or another Dekoni ones on pretty much every headphone I tried them with.

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #651 of 1,495
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #652 of 1,495
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #653 of 1,495
Sooo... Audio-Technica sells it on domestic market but not globally? OMG... Anyway, thanks for the information?

You can buy from Japan using agent like the zenmarket.jp .

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #654 of 1,495
Its Audio Technica's flasghip, their past endeavours on similar price range are mostly woodies with varying result prob not many have such good impression with them to try again.
They also isnt as big on fan followers as Sennheiser and Sony does, while boutique brands are starting to encroach market share these days. Esp with their deep involvement in forums like Head fi and sending samples to a lot of people, when there's too many choice, Its just tough to stand out.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #655 of 1,495
Its Audio Technica's flasghip, their past endeavours on similar price range are mostly woodies with varying result prob not many have such good impression with them to try again.
They also isnt as big on fan followers as Sennheiser and Sony does, while boutique brands are starting to encroach market share these days. Esp with their deep involvement in forums like Head fi and sending samples many to many people, there's too many choice, Its just tough to stand out.

Fair points,sir! I also mentioned in my review for Russian forum that Audio-Technica is known mostly for their closed-backs with "cool" and "fun" sound but lacking that last bit of technical ability. Also Japanese brands are very conservative in their marketing strategies, that's true too.

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #656 of 1,495
The ATH-ADX5000 arrived today.
I am running these straight from my laptop [Tidal Masters], with a ZMF cable, the Synergistic Research H.O.T. and the DakiOm F-273 Audio Feedback Stabilizer.
In short, I am absolutely floored by the performance of these headphones. Exactly what I have been listening for--for years on end.
. . . and now, downstairs to the "reference rig". . .

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #659 of 1,495
Well id be surprised If you liked it back straight out of the laptop, seeing the high impedance values should make you shy away from ever doing that. The ADX5000 isn’t a “straight out of portable amp" affair.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #660 of 1,495
Notwithstanding, the ADX5000 sound surprisingly good from these simple sources: detailed, balanced and full-bodied.
I have a high impedance hybrid amp [with 3x 6SN7 driver and gain stage], but didn't think the ADX5000 sounded as good as I would have expected with it.
Nice match with the Meridian Prime and the Lehmann BCL; okay with the DSHA-3F [an amplifier optimized for Focal Clear/Utopia].

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back