2017 Audio Technica new flagship ATH-ADX5000
Jan 2, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #181 of 1,496
If the pad material and dimensions are similar to the R70X, that would be disappointing. It was too cramped and stiff.
I can tell you first hand that the padding isn’t stiff. Can’t comment about the dimensions since we all have different ears.

Jan 2, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #182 of 1,496
Thanks everyone for your reviews and impressions.
Just ordered a pair from Crutchfield.
Seems they are the only ones who have them available and they just got them today.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #183 of 1,496
Looking forward to see more reviews of ADX-5000. Hopefully they will sell shorter cables and leather earpads in the future.
I’m just hoping we can find a decent A2DC connector on the aftermarket lines. Lol.

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #186 of 1,496
Hi davidf. Welcome to Head fi.
Thanks for taking time to review and comment here. Much appreciated.
BTW, thanks also for taking the time to share your thoughts on the ADX5000 with me via email (sling5stones). :)

I just purchased them through a U.S dealer (updated my signature). :)
Should have them Friday.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #187 of 1,496
Hopefully we will get more impressions since it’s been released in the US. It seems that this headphone is extremely revealing and clear but I guess the big question is whether they are still enjoyable to listen to despite the apparent brightness.

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #188 of 1,496
Hopefully we will get more impressions since it’s been released in the US. It seems that this headphone is extremely revealing and clear but I guess the big question is whether they are still enjoyable to listen to despite the apparent brightness.
Yet nobody mentioned the burn in effect, that will apply to a dynamic transducer i believe. More likely this headphone will sound completely different after 400-500 hours, and the reviewer probably didn't managed to use it that long.

Jan 3, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #189 of 1,496
Yet nobody mentioned the burn in effect, that will apply to a dynamic transducer i believe. More likely this headphone will sound completely different after 400-500 hours, and the reviewer probably didn't managed to use it that long.
The pair I used for my review were, I presume, already run in, as they'd been used by the rep at home, and also at the Indulgence Show in London back in September. I know the rep is a bit of a stickler for that sort of thing, so my bets are they were already run in. He's popping in today, so I can double check with him.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #190 of 1,496
Mine has about 50-60 hrs and counting... I've not really noticed too much of a difference yet, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. But I vaguely remembered the store unit and that one was what caught me. very engaging and enjoyable.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #192 of 1,496
Can you compare it to SE-M1 if possible? Many thanks.
I’m afraid I don’t have access to that one, nor is it easily available here I think.

Edit: having done a bit of research, I think I can see why you’re keen on the comparison. I doubt they’re similar. I’ll see if I can locate a pair locally. Will be hard though.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #193 of 1,496
I’m afraid I don’t have access to that one, nor is it easily available here I think.

Edit: having done a bit of research, I think I can see why you’re keen on the comparison. I doubt they’re similar. I’ll see if I can locate a pair locally. Will be hard though.
+1. After doing some research, the SE-M1 sounds interesting too. I don't care for all that bass but the colored mids sounds interesting. Comparisons would be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back