2017 Audio Technica new flagship ATH-ADX5000
Mar 20, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #526 of 1,496
Greetings from Spain.

@Object113 , congratulations for the cable, looks amazing!! I made my own cables too but I prefer the "oficial XLR-4 cable" for listen Music, although others are more comfortable. Do you know any female connector to make adapters? I would like to share cables between headphones.

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #528 of 1,496
Greetings from Spain.

@Object113 , congratulations for the cable, looks amazing!! I made my own cables too but I prefer the "oficial XLR-4 cable" for listen Music, although others are more comfortable. Do you know any female connector to make adapters? I would like to share cables between headphones.
female A2DC ? no idea, it will be easier to find unicorn .

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #529 of 1,496
Greetings from Spain.

I also have the stock balanced cable. It works for me. Its better than single ended and suits my amp as well.

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #530 of 1,496
After playing with different types of earpads for adx5000.The pads for ad2000x also fits adx5000...
Finally settled for Dekoni elite sheepskin non fenestrated leather pads. They are better than the fenestrated ones. Velour (stock) ones are below average.
The non- fenestrated ones have an excellent transient response.... the treble extension is the best.... the bass also gets tighter, well controlled & extends deep...overall the sound is more dense ...the separation is too good with ample amount of airiness...
Velour pads should NOT be used to demo/review adx5000.
I urge all the owners of adx5000 to try these pads... you will not be disappointed...
Cheers

Mar 24, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #531 of 1,496
So, Dekoni AT's ATH AD series sheepskin for the ADX5000?

Mar 24, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #532 of 1,496
Mar 24, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #534 of 1,496
Not gonna blind buy those pads, but I’m glad you enjoy them. Need measurements to back up the claims.
I don't have any measurements to support my claim.
But, head over to dekoni's website ... they have few comparisons(measurements) of velour, non fenes and fenes earpads....
One gets an overview of how these pads influence the sound....

Btw measurements donot explain the complete sound signature of an iem/hp... they are secondary imho ...if you can demo them somehow then you'll understand what i am talking about...

I had compared velour and fenestrated ones before buying ... non fenestrated were bought blindly but its worth it...

The best thing about adx5000 is that they reveal the tiniest of the change in your chain ...i.e. they are super analytic. . You don't need to apply too much brain to differentiate between earpads, cables, DAC/amps etc..
It took me 10-15 secs to make up my mind that non -fenestrated sheepskin leather pads are the ones for me.. YMMV

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #535 of 1,496
made first few ,
very soft , and I can make them with different connectors .
8core OCC silver plated copper , no fabric sleeve .
i-kSrsgJ9-XL.jpg

i-XLSzdTV-XL.jpg

Hi,

Could you provide a link for buying this A2DC connectors?

I have been trying to find one but what I've found is the cheap chinese connectors.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #536 of 1,496
There are no pads for adx5000. AD2000x pads also fits adx5k. I have both fenestrated & non- fenestrated sheepskin leather pads.
https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...th-ad-series-open-back-audiophile-headphones/

I have a set of dekoni elite sheep for the HD800S. Now that I have had them for 9 months and gave them some tlc with the Audeze leather care kit, the pads are super soft and incredibly soft and comfy.

When I first got them they were kinda softish, but over time and with the Audeze leather care kit applied every now and then, imho they are much better than the stock sennheiser hd800s pads now. They are now baby soft and extremely comfy to wear.

All real leather pads except suede and nubuck leather ones should be treated every now and then to keep the pads in excellent shape.

£8 for a bottle of that audeze juice and 2 cloths.

Apr 5, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #538 of 1,496
After playing with different types of earpads for adx5000.The pads for ad2000x also fits adx5000...
Finally settled for Dekoni elite sheepskin non fenestrated leather pads. They are better than the fenestrated ones. Velour (stock) ones are below average.
The non- fenestrated ones have an excellent transient response.... the treble extension is the best.... the bass also gets tighter, well controlled & extends deep...overall the sound is more dense ...the separation is too good with ample amount of airiness...
Velour pads should NOT be used to demo/review adx5000.
I urge all the owners of adx5000 to try these pads... you will not be disappointed...
Cheers
Are the Dekoni pads that you recommend for the ADX 5000 easy to install?

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #539 of 1,496
I love the ADX and have put between 6-10 hours per day on it for the past 5 days. It's incredibly detailed and smooth in the treble and mids, but the Utopia has faster, more detailed bass and a lot more punch. You can EQ FR but can't do anything to add speed and dynamics. I agree that the ADX is better than the HD800/S, however, as those sound thin to my ears whereas the ADX sounds full, even with the elevated treble response. The Utopia can't touch the ADX when it comes to comfort. The combination of performance and comfort make the ADX my favorite "All Day Xcellence" headphone, but there are some things that the Utopia still does better in terms of absolute SQ. Which has better overall enjoyment, of course, is up to the user.

What would you say the difference is between an HD 800 with an SDR modification and an ADX 5000?

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #540 of 1,496
What would you say the difference is between an HD 800 with an SDR modification and an ADX 5000?
I haven't heard a HD800 SDR, but as far as I know, all it does is bring down the 6K peak. My guess is that the 800SDR will still sound like it has less bass because it has more energy in the mids. Complete guess on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back