2017 Audio Technica new flagship ATH-ADX5000
Jan 28, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #511 of 1,496
I am not misleading anyone here ...its just that the differences were so easily noticeable.... at first i was also shocked...I can even say that they sound better utopia, hd800, hd800s,T1...may be the best dynamic ever .... many people who own ADX5K have the same opinion... I have personally compared all the HP in a demo shop with adequate time & with probably one of the best HP chain on planet. I am sorry if I have offended anyone but I trust my ears & as always YMMV.

Cheers
I love the ADX and have put between 6-10 hours per day on it for the past 5 days. It's incredibly detailed and smooth in the treble and mids, but the Utopia has faster, more detailed bass and a lot more punch. You can EQ FR but can't do anything to add speed and dynamics. I agree that the ADX is better than the HD800/S, however, as those sound thin to my ears whereas the ADX sounds full, even with the elevated treble response. The Utopia can't touch the ADX when it comes to comfort. The combination of performance and comfort make the ADX my favorite "All Day Xcellence" headphone, but there are some things that the Utopia still does better in terms of absolute SQ. Which has better overall enjoyment, of course, is up to the user.

Jan 28, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #512 of 1,496
I love the ADX and have put between 6-10 hours per day on it for the past 5 days. It's incredibly detailed and smooth in the treble and mids, but the Utopia has faster, more detailed bass and a lot more punch. You can EQ FR but can't do anything to add speed and dynamics. I agree that the ADX is better than the HD800/S, however, as those sound thin to my ears whereas the ADX sounds full, even with the elevated treble response. The Utopia can't touch the ADX when it comes to comfort. The combination of performance and comfort make the ADX my favorite "All Day Xcellence" headphone, but there are some things that the Utopia still does better in terms of absolute SQ. Which has better overall enjoyment, of course, is up to the user.
No HP is perfect ... but if a whole package is considered I would buy adx5k over utopia even if focal reduces their price by fifty percent.....

Jan 28, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #514 of 1,496
You are right about the synergy. Since, I have v281 I opted for a neutral-brightish HP. I had also tried ADX5000(with other cans) direct from Dave-Blumk2; that is the most transparent sound I have ever listened to(non estat)....never heard such magical & engaging trebles, beautiful airy forward midrange with mind boggling bass resolution...

The HP that I mentioned in the previous posts are excellent HPs without a doubt but only after comparison I came to know that i was missing so many details....

I am not misleading anyone here ...its just that the differences were so easily noticeable.... at first i was also shocked...I can even say that they sound better utopia, hd800, hd800s,T1...may be the best dynamic ever .... many people who own ADX5K have the same opinion... I have personally compared all the HP in a demo shop with adequate time & with probably one of the best HP chain on planet. I am sorry if I have offended anyone but I trust my ears & as always YMMV.

Cheers
I have a same thinking that Neutral/detailed cans with a tube amp is a way to go, but to buy special amp for 1 headphone is strech for many. Neutral amp can work better with wider range of heaphones, but in your i case i understand amp choice.
Strange thing i didnt notice much comparisons with This AT and Mysphere.

Jan 28, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #515 of 1,496
No HP is perfect ... but if a whole package is considered I would buy adx5k over utopia even if focal reduces their price by fifty percent.....
Yup. There is no point in having a great sounding headphone if you hate putting it on your head.

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #516 of 1,496
Agreed. The only thing I find potentially more comfortable than the ADX5000 is an AD2000/AD2000X with slightly thicker pads so my ears aren't pressed against the baffles, but the ADX5000 sounds a whole lot better. In addition the thicker pads mess with the AD2000 sound signature quite a lot.

Mar 3, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #518 of 1,496
There is one big problem with ADX5000 , its difficult to use any other headphones after them , lcd2 feels like two cans with mud after ADX.
Lol... thats true..add all the planars and dynamics in that list excluding 009/009s.

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #519 of 1,496
Well, Staxes are neither planar nor dynamic, so there;s no need to add that exclusion... :wink:

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #520 of 1,496
i-vqXQKdj-X2.jpg

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #524 of 1,496
made first few ,
very soft , and I can make them with different connectors .
8core OCC silver plated copper , no fabric sleeve .
i-kSrsgJ9-XL.jpg

i-XLSzdTV-XL.jpg
Awesome!
How is the sound signature ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back