2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016--Royal Oak, MI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #31 of 145
Schiit Mjolnir 2 with assorted tubes and LISST
Schiit Gungnir MB
Audeze LCD-3F
Sennheiser HD800 (They're listed for sale right now so we'll see)

I'm going to bring my modest vinyl setup as well:

Audio Technica AT120 LP
Schiit Mani

That's all, folks!

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #33 of 145
I just pulled the trigger on a pair of 64 Audio U10s with B1 ADEL module. I'll have them by the meet. I'll have some tips but if anyone wants to demo them, you may want to bring some compatible tips that suit you.

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #35 of 145
Equipment I'm bringing.

Amps:
Matrix M-Stage HPA3-B(modded)
Emotiva a-100(modded)

Dac:
Gustard X12

Headphones:
HiFiMan HE-500
HiFiMan HE-350
AKG K7XX

Other:
Gustard U12
ifi USB

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #36 of 145
Cool, I will be there. Thanks for putting everything together.

Amp:
Stello HP100

Phone:
AKG K701

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #37 of 145
Oh, I didn't realize that I had forgotten to respond to this thread until just now.

I'll bring:

Things that make sounds:
Sony MDR-Z7 (that i bought after the last meetup)
Sony MDR-1R
Bose QC20 (for demonstrating noise canceling, I didn't believe the hype until I got my own pair)

Things that hold sound files:
Sony NW-ZX1

Things that make sounds louder:
Creative Sound Blaster E5 (impulse-ish buy from Massdrop)
Sony UDA-1 (Should be arriving Tuesday)

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #38 of 145
Oh, I didn't realize that I had forgotten to respond to this thread until just now.

I'll bring:

Things that make sounds:
Sony MDR-Z7 (that i bought after the last meetup)
Sony MDR-1R
Bose QC20 (for demonstrating noise canceling, I didn't believe the hype until I got my own pair)

Things that hold sound files:
Sony NW-ZX1

Things that make sounds louder:
Creative Sound Blaster E5 (impulse-ish buy from Massdrop)
Sony UDA-1 (Should be arriving Tuesday)

Maybe we need a separate category for "things that people bought off Massdrop" :D

Sep 13, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #39 of 145
Reducing some excess gear, I hopefully with have a First Watt B1 built by the time of the meet as preamp for my set up. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, if any one wants to get the word out on this meet on the other headphone forum/discord/subreddit, please do so.

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #40 of 145
Hi everyone! I am not able to make it as I have a soccer game to coach that day and by the time I get the boy home and over there, you would be packing up. Sorry to miss another Fall meetup but duty calls.

Enjoy and I am looking forward to seeing/reading the results!

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #41 of 145
Hey guys, sorry I am late to the party!  Is there still an opening?  After my debacle in Ann Arbor (locking myself out of my car with 600 pounds of gear still loaded up in the store), I thought I'd have to be drugged to come back.

However, this time I am thinking of just bringing my Focal Utopias and an Eddie Current Studio or 445 and/or an Allnic HPA-500 (the bigger OTL amp  - not the HPA-300 I brought last time but never hooked up).

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Frank

Sep 25, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #42 of 145
Hey guys, sorry I am late to the party!  Is there still an opening?  After my debacle in Ann Arbor (locking myself out of my car with 600 pounds of gear still loaded up in the store), I thought I'd have to be drugged to come back.

However, this time I am thinking of just bringing my Focal Utopias and an Eddie Current Studio or 445 and/or an Allnic HPA-500 (the bigger OTL amp  - not the HPA-300 I brought last time but never hooked up).

Frank

Good to hear your going to be there...oooooooh Utopias!

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #43 of 145

Frank

I was astounded by your 445 last time. I seriously think I might lose my mind if you bring the studio and the Utopia.

Sep 26, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #44 of 145

MrTie84,

Craig Uthus at Eddie Current thanks you for the kind words (or at least I would think he would - since all I contributed was the purchase price!!) but we certainly do not want you to lose your mind!!!  :wink:  That 's where I have you beat - I obviously have already lost mine because every damn time EC comes out with another amp, (and I am NEVER unhappy with the one I currently have), I can't control myself and I buy it - but the weirder/sicker thing is, I also never get the courage to SELL the previous amp!  So now, my audio room looks like a darn Eddie Current inventory warehouse!  Talk about having lost one's mind!

I have a hunch you will like the Utopias.

Frank

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #45 of 145
***ATTENTION*** I was just going through one of my bags from the spring meet and found a headphone cable. If anybody was missing a cable after the meet, let me know. If you can describe it, I'll get it back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back