2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016--Royal Oak, MI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #16 of 145
Anytime in October sounds good to me.

Completely cool with the entrance fee.

The last meet at Overture Audio in Ann Arbor was Great. It was a little cramped though.
A venue with more open space and seating would be perfect. Rental hall, VFW
You have probably already done this but I'll throw it out anyway. Is there any way to get the attendance list from the last couple shows to look at the home city locations of the attendees? you could then target potential show sites by centralizing the demographic spread. If not, I'd suggest Novi, Royal Oak/Ferndale/Berkley,  or Troy. All have good access to major freeways and roads and available facilities locations.

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #17 of 145
It looks like John is finalizing the location and should be able to announce next week, I'll leave that to him. In the mean time I figure we should get the gear list going.

What I'm bringing:

Headphone:
Hifiman HE-6(ohhgourami mods)

Amp:
Anthem 225i

DAC:
Theta DSPro Generation II

If there is some expressed interest I can also bring my Clearaudio Concept turntable if any one really wants to hear some vinyl.

So those of you early folks expressing interest and lurkers lets get some gear posts going so we can collect them on page 1 for easy viewing.

Aug 24, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #19 of 145
I would be willing to pay fee if needed, as far as location I think lansing would be great. 
some gear I can bring

cans-
Beyerdynamic T90, T70p, DT770
Denon D7000, D600

amps-
Pangea hp201
NuForce ha200

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #20 of 145
hi gary here i plan to attend and am willing to pay. i am in fenton mi so anyware is good

cans-
       grado sr80
        he400sssss with focus pads and nordost blueheaven cables
        at50
amps-
        asgard2
        valhalla2
dacs
       modi
       bifrost4490

see you all soon

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #21 of 145
Put me down for:

Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Audeze LCD-3 w/Fazor
Sennheiser HD800
Sony MDR-Z7

Thanks!

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #22 of 145
Count me in. I will be bringing:
     Icon Audio HP-8
     ZMF X-Vibro's
     Ultra-Fi Dac-41
     Mac Mini
I'm good with any location and am willing to pay and would like to suggest Brighton as a possible location. Located right in the middle of Detroit, Ann Arbor, Flint and Lansing and not too far from Grand Rapids. It's also at the intersection of 23 and 96 for east access.

Thanks!

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #24 of 145
I've missed the last meet.....Very interested in that one, and perfectly fine with a ~$10 donation
I've read something about Farmington Hills.....Would be perfect for me (I live in Rochester Hills)

Aug 28, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #25 of 145
Alright guys,  here they are, the details of the 2016 Fall Meet of the Southeastern Michigan Head-fi.org Chapter:

2016 Head-fi.org Southeastern Michigan Meet

***OCTOBER 29, 2016:  SATURDAY***

Royal Oak Community Center
Room 8/9
11:00 am to 4:00 pm
3500 Marais
Royal Oak, MI  48073

The building is located off of 13 Mile Road between Crooks and Rochester (Main Street)

I spent a good part of a week driving around scouting locations.  Some locations would have required a substantial cost; others were unavailable, and others were too small, etc.  Inadvertently, I think I have a good lead on the location of the next meet as well (Farmington Hills, but don't hold me to it!)

There is no Wi-Fi in this building.  We are working on a "hot-spot" solution for those that may need internet.  Any suggestions welcome....

The cost will be $5 per person. We will have plenty of tables and chairs for our use. 

So please mark your calendars!   The official rules and regulations will be coming soon, as well as more details of the meet.  Kevin (MrTie84) has begun to organize the gear list so please start posting what you are bringing if you have not already.  

Thanks guys.  I am looking forward to another successful meet!  

John (JEspina456)

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #29 of 145
Thanks for organizing this. I really looking forward to it.
This should be another great event to attend.

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #30 of 145
Ok, I added the gear list to my first post.  I will update as people submit their gear.  I'll be bringing:

Sennheiser HD800
Hifiman Edition X
Audeze SINE

Schiit Valhalla 2
Schiit MB BIfrost

Maybe some other stuff

Keep it coming guys.  Haven't heard from some of you guys in a while.

John 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back