2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up
Dec 17, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #136 of 153
Many thanks to @FraterOiram,received my cds, have to go through my usual ritual (rip to JRiver, download to Pono, stir well and listen), looking forward to hearing some fine, new music! Happy Holidays, y'all!!!

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #138 of 153
Tracking number says Jude's arrived today. Now I just have to hope he didn't already have everything I sent.

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #139 of 153
Hot Dang! I wish I'd seen this earlier ;(

Happy Holidays though!

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #140 of 153
We should see if the management can send out an email or PM blast next year at the start of thread just so we get better exposure for this. 

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #141 of 153
Thank you Wega03 for:
In Strict Confidence - Face the Fear (A band I've enjoyed for many years but never had an album of theirs!)
Movits! - Out of My Head (Never heard of them but I like the swing in their hip-hop style and I can definitely identify a good few words of theirs.  Neat!)

Here's a video I found on the youtubes of one of the songs from each album if you're looking to broaden your aural pallet:
https://youtu.be/7gvPDCueUyo
https://youtu.be/sqwfDNzTYks

Jan 2, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #142 of 153
Is this the only thread, or is there a "What did you Receive" thread that I'm missing?  Thanks.
Personally, I really enjoyed the gift exchange this year.

Happy New Year -
RCB

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #144 of 153
Happy new year all

Delighted to report safe recipt of an exceptionally generous 6 CDs from my Russian exchange partner. Some excellent classical from Tchaikovsky and Stravinsky snd some intriguing music from Sergey Babkin and Nautilus Pompilius which is completely new to me. The Sergey Babkin is particularly intersting and quite unlike anything I have in my collection and the recording quality is very good indeed.

Big big thanks to daijobudes!

and to Lord Tris for making it happen

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #145 of 153
I received the Tedeschi Trucks Let me get by Deluxe edition and the Alabama Shakes albums from Jude.  Both are blues rock and both fabulous.  I had lost track of Derek Trucks after the Allman Brothers and it was great to see he is still making great music.   Jude really knocked this one out of the park as both are solidly in the realm of stuff I will listen to consistently.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #146 of 153
Sorry didn't report my receiving yet, i received my gift from dc-k and am truly thankful to him for Melodie Gardot - Currency of Man, Boomtown rats (a very interesting recording) and a Portishead -Dummy (a classic which i heard for many times before but didn't know who sang it) I'm especially thankful for the reliable delivery by UPS!)))
Thank you David and thanks to Lord Tris for making this happen)
​Will definitely participate next year)

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #149 of 153
It's a bit late for this year, no? I'd be up for it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back