2016 CanJam @ RMAF, October 7-9, 2016: The Exhibitor List!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #91 of 259
  Other than maybe getting our asses kicked at ping pong (when/where would that happen?) ...

Are there any plans for the members of Head-Fi to meet there?  

Since a lot us (including myself) are going for the first time:  It would be cool to meet some of you in person and maybe tour the event on Saturday. 

I am a first timer, too.  Would LOVE to meet and hang out with fellow head-fi guys :)

I'm down for meeting fellow Head-Fiers whenever and wherever. At the last two RMAF there was a space in the middle of CanJam for people to sit and relax while talking. Since it's in an annex this year there may not be that kind of setup. I've heard the the hotel's layout is also different from past years so it's tough to know ahead of time if there's any convenient meeting places.

Last year a bunch of us went to dinner one evening across the street. There's a Mexican restaurant that had a few private rooms for us to grab a bite and talk. Maybe we could do something like that again.

+1

AxelCloris - I am in!  :)
Great idea.

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #92 of 259
  For people planning on attending Canjams and want to demo IEMs for purchase, the show floor is a noisy place and may not offer the best experience when you are trying out IEMs. I bought this hearing protector:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Peltor-Earmuffs-Yellow-X2A/dp/B00CPCH86A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1475017567&sr=8-5&keywords=hearing+protection

The cup is very deep and should comfortably swallow even a huge IEM in your ears:

It's a good idea. Do you suppose there would be any problem with the seal of the ear muffs somehow affecting the air dispersion of the Adel module?

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #93 of 259
It's a good idea. Do you suppose there would be any problem with the seal of the ear muffs somehow affecting the air dispersion of the Adel module?

You know, I have been giving that a thought. The ADEL has a very tiny hole/holes which doesn't require a large volume of external air to function effectively. I believe the volume of air inside the ear muffs should be sufficient for the ADEL to function as expected.

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #94 of 259
You know, I have been giving that a thought. The ADEL has a very tiny hole/holes which doesn't require a large volume of external air to function effectively. I believe the volume of air inside the ear muffs should be sufficient for the ADEL to function as expected.

I think I'll give it a try, plus even though I have some custom ear plugs, it's nice to have a set around the house that you can just throw on under noisy conditions.  Out here on the ranch there's always something noisy coming up! 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #95 of 259

I agree. I don't think there would be any negative effect as far as the ADEL goes with wearing the Hearing Protector.

While the hearing protector is a great idea for helping out drown the noise for more critical listening, I'd also suggest listening with and without wearing it.  That way you can get an idea of performance in different environments. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #99 of 259

Anyone staying at the Hampton Inn?

I stayed there for RMAF '14. Not a bad hotel. It's a short walk from the Marriott so if you're able to walk a mile or so it'll save the hassle of parking.

I stayed there last year. It's way less than a mile. Cross two parking lot and then the parking lot of the Marriott and I'm there. 

I was just wondering if anyone else was staying there.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #100 of 259
Hey guys and gals,

During past CanJams, there have been opportunities to have lots of fun outside of the events themselves, and this year at RMAF is no different!  Here are a couple of outings that would be amazing to hang out and share exciting stories (or even not-so-exciting) with each other:

October 8th - 8pm to close: Ace Eat Serve & Ace Juice Bar.  Complete information of the location and ping pong showdown is posted earlier in the thread, here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/820223/2016-canjam-rmaf-october-7-9-2016-the-exhibitor-list#post_12863841.

October 9th - 7:45am: The Original Pancake House Denver (which is very near RMAF), for a Head-Fi member-filled breakfast!  Here's the scrumptious restaurant info: http://ophdenver.com/.

The Original Pancake House Denver location info:
8000 E. Belleview Ave., Suite F-10
Greenwood Village, CO 80111

Looking forward to seeing and hanging out with everyone who can make it! 

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #101 of 259

I stayed there last year. It's way less than a mile. Cross two parking lot and then the parking lot of the Marriott and I'm there. 

I was just wondering if anyone else was staying there.

I'm booked there!  It was the closest one I could find.

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #104 of 259
Advice for first time attendees:

There are 225 rooms and over 300 vendors, so start making your list now of your "must see" rooms. If you plan on just walking around, after you spend a day at CanJam, make sure to hit up the large rooms with the showcase systems.

Blanca Peak, Cretonne Peak, Longs, Peak, Pod Pavilion.

There are usually a few showcase rooms on the floors as well, but I'm not sure of their numbers.

The seminars can be very good too, as mentioned earlier. Make sure to figure out where they are and their times and add them to your calendar so you can be reminded. Give yourself time to get to seminar room as the elevators can be very slow. If you re able, use the stairs (even from the ninth floor) as they are faster.

There's 9 floors of audio, plus CanJam, this year!

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #105 of 259
  Advice for first time attendees:

There are 225 rooms and over 300 vendors, so start making your list now of your "must see" rooms. If you plan on just walking around, after you spend a day at CanJam, make sure to hit up the large rooms with the showcase systems.

Blanca Peak, Cretonne Peak, Longs, Peak, Pod Pavilion.

There are usually a few showcase rooms on the floors as well, but I'm not sure of their numbers.

The seminars can be very good too, as mentioned earlier. Make sure to figure out where they are and their times and add them to your calendar so you can be reminded. Give yourself time to get to seminar room as the elevators can be very slow. If you re able, use the stairs (even from the ninth floor) as they are faster.

There's 9 floors of audio, plus CanJam, this year!

Wow, that's kinda crazy to think about... 300 vendors and 225rooms.

I'm one of the vendors that is sharing too. I'm hoping to get around to see some other rooms/tables. (wishful thinking) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back