2015 Denver CO summer meet 6/27
Jun 18, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #76 of 132
The Garage1217 loaner amps (Ember 2 and Solstice) have arrived! Looking forward to checking them out for a bit before the meet.
smile.gif

Jun 20, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #80 of 132
are food and drink allowed in the meeting room? Maybe we can chips in and get  pizza or subway or something.  ( two jars on the donation table, one for covering room cost, one for ordering food....). Maybe?

I previously assumed it wasn't, so I looked up the official policy just now, and it says:

"If serving food at the meeting, a deposit of $25 is required, (check or cash) paid separately from meeting space fee. The deposit is refundable if the meeting space is restored to its original state. If cost to repair or clean the room exceeds $25, the responsible party will be billed for the additional cost."

So no offense intended, but I'd rather just institute a no-food-allowed policy, because I don't want to potentially have to clean up after anyone, especially with the number of people in the room. But folks are welcome to bring water bottles or similar, as long as they're not placed anywhere near anyone's equipment. We don't want liquids spilling on anyone's gear!
wink.gif

Post #1 has a few options for lunch that are really close to the library, literally just out the door and across the street, no driving needed whatsoever.

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #81 of 132
I will be coming. I can bring two setups, if people want. I have an Yggdrasil paired with a Lyr and Magni 2 Uber. I will also have a Bifrost with a Vali. For headphones, I have an HD800, HD700 and HD650. The HD650 has a Norne Draug 2 cable, while the others have the stock cable. I also can bring an Alpha Dog and an Alpha Prime. Unfortunately I only have one SE cable between the two, though I have a balanced cable that can be used with someone else's amp, if people would like. As for sources, I have an older MacBook along with a Thinkpad. I might try to setup a Tidal account in order to let people use that. I already have Spotify, but it is the free version.

Jun 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #82 of 132
I would be very interested if you could bring the Alpha, either one; and the HD-700. I listened to the Alpha at the RMAF in Denver last year but it was very noisy and I could not get a good listening session. I am trying to make up my mind on a closed headphone and so far the Oppo PM-3 is winning out. Although I have not heard them at all. Just going by the reviews and comments on this forum. And besides, I really feel in love with the 700 sound. 

Derrick

Jun 21, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #83 of 132
No problem. I'll bring both. Maybe I'll get a chance to hear them off a balanced amp. I have never listened to them other than SE, even when I went to CanJam. It will be interesting to see how different they sound on another amp.

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #84 of 132
Speaking of balanced, if anyone has balanced Audeze LCD cables, I'd love to try them out with my or someone else's LCD-3s. I stupidly left my balanced cable on the east coast.

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #85 of 132
Some updates on the gear I'll be bringing. Additions, removals, modifications...just going to update it as one repost.

DAC:
- Audial Model S (MkII, SPDIF version)
- Starting Point TDA1543 NOS DAC...if I can remember. It's a cheapy DAC.

Amp:
- Schiit Valhalla 2 w/ NOS, Vintage Telefunken tubes
- SinglePower MPX3 w/ Vintage Sylvania tubes (mostly chrome top) - If anyone wants to take a peek inside to see if anything needs to be replaced or modified on it as discussed earlier, bring your equipment.
- Leckerton UHA-6S MkII w/ Sparkos Labs Discrete Opamps (DAC portion isn't worth mentioning)

Source Stuff:
- JKSPDIF Mk3 USB->SPDIF Converter
- Gustard U12 USB->SPDIF Converter
- Schiit Wyrd

Headphones:
- HD650 (slightly modded)
- PM-2 (modded)
- MAYBE MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2 (I also think this one is slightly modded via front damping)
- MAYBE Sony MDR-1R (modded)
- MAYBE a loaner or two from ZMF Headphones
- MAYBE an Audio Zenith PMx2
- Probably some other random crap, like a modded Creative Aurvana Live.

Might be forgetting some stuff lying around I can bring.

As I said, feel free to bring your own music on a USB or MicroSD card if you want to dump it on my tablet.

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #86 of 132
I will be coming. I can bring two setups, if people want. I have an Yggdrasil paired with a Lyr and Magni 2 Uber. I will also have a Bifrost with a Vali. For headphones, I have an HD800, HD700 and HD650. The HD650 has a Norne Draug 2 cable, while the others have the stock cable. I also can bring an Alpha Dog and an Alpha Prime. Unfortunately I only have one SE cable between the two, though I have a balanced cable that can be used with someone else's amp, if people would like. As for sources, I have an older MacBook along with a Thinkpad. I might try to setup a Tidal account in order to let people use that. I already have Spotify, but it is the free version.

I am very interested in your Schiit gear and the 700 & 800 cans!

Jun 22, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #87 of 132
I just recently ordered a Yamaha MT220 which will also be at the meet.

I'd be interested in your Alpha Prime myself. Would really like to check out the Yggdrasil too. Looks like there's going to be a lot of Schiit stuff in general at the meet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back