2015 Denver CO summer meet 6/27
Jun 22, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #91 of 132
i thought boulder made an headphone amp, didnt they in the integrated amp? a very beautiful piece of gear indeed

I'm not aware that they make a headphone amp, and regardless of that they haven't been invited to attend anyway. There'll be lots of other interesting gear to check out at the meet though, just read through the thread to see what everyone is bringing.

Jun 22, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #92 of 132
Just saw this thread and I'd like to come too.

I will bring:

Headphones:

Sennheiser HD800 with balanced toxic cable
ZMF Blackwoods, balanced single ended cables
ZMF Cherrywood Blackwood tuned
Grado SR125 modded

Sources/amps/dacs:

Windows 8 laptop loaded with music
Ipod
Centrance Hifi-M8
Havana DAC modded heavily
Andix 45 tube headphone amp with a selection of tubes

Looking forward to meeting some folks - first meet for me!

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #95 of 132
Can I join as well? Unfortunately I don't have anything to bring because I'm on a business trip here and my PS Audio Sprout will be shipped on 29th June :frowning2:

Jun 23, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #96 of 132
Attendee list updated. ZMF Headphones is also sending out a Blackwood via hans030390, so there'll be quite a few professionally-modded T50rps at the meet. Looking forward to this Saturday and seeing everyone and checking out all the gear!

So, who else is attending from outside of Colorado?

nepherte is attending from Belgium too.

Can I join as well? Unfortunately I don't have anything to bring because I'm on a business trip here and my PS Audio Sprout will be shipped on 29th June :frowning2:

Everyone is welcome regardless of gear, just come on by and enjoy.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #97 of 132
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to wish y'all a great meet!  I'm so swamped with work right now that I can't even think about making it to a meet at all this month.  :frowning2:  So I shall have to live vicariously through your impressions thread afterward.  
smile.gif
  Again, I hope you guys have a great time!

ZMF Headphones is also sending out a Blackwood via hans030390, so there'll be quite a few professionally-modded T50rps at the meet. 

BTW, I am enjoying ZMF's new Omni immensely.  It's a refreshing break from the strictly neutral preference that I've been holding to recently.  Don't know if he could get a unit out to you guys in time, but doesn't hurt to ask maybe?

Jun 23, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #99 of 132
I'm planning to be there.  Unfortunately I won't be able to bring much gear this time, but maybe I can stick in a few portable things like the HeadAmp Pico and possibly the PM-3.  Looking forward to it!

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #100 of 132
Well there should be a decent variety of closed headphones at the meet, I think. I'm also in the process of trying to acquire others, and will announce them later if I can procure them.

Bolder Cables in Littleton used to repair Singlepower amps back in the day (quite a few Head-Fiers reported using them quite successfully), but it looks like that company is defunct when I google'd it just now. You might still be able to contact the owner to see if he would look at your amp.

Thanks for the invite asr. Would've been there with bells on, but hve since moved to another state. Have fun.

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #101 of 132

BTW, I am enjoying ZMF's new Omni immensely.  It's a refreshing break from the strictly neutral preference that I've been holding to recently.  Don't know if he could get a unit out to you guys in time, but doesn't hurt to ask maybe?

I've been talking with him, and I don't think he'll have one ready to loan me for the meet.

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #102 of 132

I've been talking with him, and I don't think he'll have one ready to loan me for the meet.

Gosh darnit, next time maybe.  For me, it's the closest thing to an LCD-3 that I've heard in a T50 mod.

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #104 of 132
Attendee list updated again.

Btw, for all those who might be newbies to Head-Fi meets, consider this as a sort of informal, semi-social gathering, just with headphone-related gear. Feel free to listen to anything and everything, and mingle with those around you. And I definitely encourage everyone to experiment and exchange gear between tables to try out different combinations (with the owner's permission, of course—don't just take gear from one table to another without the owner knowing about it). And even if someone else's taste in music isn't the same as yours, sometimes it's worth it to try it out anyway; I know I've found a lot of new music gems that way over the years.

Also forgot to mention earlier, there's a small foyer with a few tables outside the meeting room that can be used for eating, if anyone does want to bring any food or something to snack on. Didn't mean to say that no one can bring food, just please don't eat in the meeting room.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #105 of 132
Um, isn't it normal at a meet to ask before disconnecting Person X's headphones from Rig X,
To take over to another table for connection into Rig Y?

Some folks may not want their HD800s or HE-560s flying around the room haphazardly. Or not have headphones available at listening Rig X.

FWIW,
Please bring your personal iPad or iPhone as a source. As I have a Lightning to USB cable into iFi micro iDSD + iTube + iCan stack at the ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back