2015 Denver CO Summer Meet #2 (8/22)
Jul 23, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #31 of 84
I will be there no matter which date, as long as I'm allowed... As I am new to this it will be my first such meet. Since I started as a car audio fanatic I have sunk all my spare cash into that the past year. Thus all I will be able to bring is a measly Fiio E07k and my headphones, is it ok to come to demo other people's gear?

Sure, feel free to just come on by and listen. There very likely won't be enough tables for everyone anyway.

Where is the Google Apps link to list the stuff folks are bringing?  
Thanks.

Do you mean the link at the end of my post #1? Everyone coming with gear should feel free to update that spreadsheet going forward.

Jul 23, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #32 of 84
I'm definitely going to be looking to listen to:

Oppo PM-1 & PM-2
HD-700 & 800

Hoping to make a decision on a purchase to buy either the HD700s or the PM-2 refurb deal after this meet.

I've put my gear in the google spreadsheet. 

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #33 of 84
Will anyone be bringing an ETHER or an HE-560 to this meet? Thanks

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #34 of 84
I own the HE-560 and may consent to bring it, depending on what is at the meet to drive them. I use a Bifrost Uber with a Lyr2 and I will not be bringing those.

Also, I am trying to obtain several things from Moon Audio, such as the Ether, but the Bairds are in the process of moving and I won't know what they are willing to trust me with for about two weeks.

Jul 26, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #35 of 84
I was hoping that I would be able to make this second meet on the 22nd, however I'm now not able to do so.

If anything changes for that Saturday or I find myself able to attend all of a sudden, I'll let you all know, otherwise as of right now I won't be able to.  
frown.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #36 of 84
As Effusion noted above, I must drop out as well.

I was informed by Enigma today that they won't start shipping until late August, if then. It could be September. While I could bring the Hugo, TH900 and HE-560, the purpose of these meets (in my opinion, anyway) is to see and hear the new stuff. If we could put it off for a month or so, the Dharma D1000 would be in my hands (God willing) and I could probably get an Ether from Drew Baird along with one or two other demos as the equipment presented at CES starts hitting the dealers.

I apologize and hope that makes sense to all.

BTW, I have tried out the Nighthawk and found it enjoyable. It struck me as an upscale version of Beats Pros. AudioQuest has put their own form of colorization in them. I'm not saying it's detestable as I think it will be quite popular. It's just not in the league of many other audiophile-type cans.

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #38 of 84
There's now a decent chance I might just be in town for the meet, in which case I can try to have an Oppo PM-2 and/or HiFiMan HE-1000—will know more later in August, closer to the meet I'd expect. Not sure on an Ether though, still looking into it.

Will anyone be bringing an ETHER or an HE-560 to this meet? Thanks

mandrake50 (from the previous page) owns an HE-560, and since I'd like to hear that myself again too, hopefully he'll bring it.

Btw, I know everyone would like to hear the Ether and HE-1000, me included, but I can't yet guarantee 100% that I'll be able to get either of them for the meet. I'm sure everyone coming will be bringing a lot of other interesting gear to check out, that won't be at RMAF. If I can't get an Ether or HE-1000, they should both be at RMAF anyway.

As Effusion noted above, I must drop out as well.  
I was informed by Enigma today that they won't start shipping until late August, if then. It could be September. While I could bring the Hugo, TH900 and HE-560, the purpose of these meets (in my opinion, anyway) is to see and hear the new stuff. If we could put it off for a month or so, the Dharma D1000 would be in my hands (God willing) and I could probably get an Ether from Drew Baird along with one or two other demos as the equipment presented at CES starts hitting the dealers.

I apologize and hope that makes sense to all.

Hope you and Effusion can attend, the more people & gear we have the better! Sorry but I can't move the date into September because that would push it too close to RMAF (as well as eliminating the chance that I'd still organize it, since there's no chance in heck I'm missing the fall colors in the mountains!), and if you want to hear new stuff, well that's sort of what RMAF is for. These local meets are for us to "meet" each other and share our member-unique gear that sometimes can't be found at RMAF, like for example my Yamaha MT220 or Garage1217 Project Polaris (if I still have it by the time the meet rolls around).
wink.gif

Awesome, I am extremely excited to test out some of this gear. I have always wanted to hear an Astell & Kern AK240 I don't suppose anyone has one of those bad boys?

Not sure if anyone local owns the AK240, but that would almost definitely be at RMAF: http://www.audiofest.net

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #39 of 84
I have a Polaris that I can bring.
I posted a bunch of stuff previously. No one has commented at all.
I really don't want to bring all of it. So we have a request for the 560.
I did receive my Geek Pulse Infinity, I can drag that along if there is interest.
Actually I will probably bring it and the Gustard H10 in any case.

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #40 of 84

Lets see, I can bring the following if anyone is interested

HE 400i   (I saw one request for this )
HE 560

(I may have a set of either Oppo PM 1 or 2 Depending on how the demo rotation goes)

I am definitely interested in the 400i (and the 400s), the 560 and Oppo cans as well as the garage amps. 

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #43 of 84
  I have a Polaris that I can bring.
I posted a bunch of stuff previously. No one has commented at all.
I did receive my Geek Pulse Infinity, I can drag that along if there is interest.

Going through what you and others have posted, I would like to hear the following - 

HD650 with Norne cable
HE 560
AKG K7xx
Gustard H10

anybody bringing HD800's?

I will be bringing my HD-800's for sure. 

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #44 of 84

I have 650s but no Norne cables... Never have been able to justify that kind of money for cables. I have an older set of Stephen AudioArt Equinox cables for the HDxx series. I have some balanced OCC  silver plated  cables for them too.
 At some point, probably not in a meet environment, I wouldn't mind listening to and comparing a set of Draug 2 balanced cables to the ones I have.

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #45 of 84
I have a Polaris that I can bring. I posted a bunch of stuff previously. No one has commented at all.

I'd like to hear your HE-560, HP50, and K7XX, plus the Gustard. And was that the Fidelio X1 or X2? Would like to hear that again too, whichever model it was. Would also like to check out mikesale's Schiit Vali and john57's Alpha Prime.

Hopefully I'll be able to bring more than just my MT220 and whatever else I still have by the meet....
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back