2015 Denver CO Summer Meet #2 (8/22)
Aug 12, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #61 of 84
the HE1000 will be there....
If you do attend, can you bring your bottlehead crack amp?

I probably will not go. Too many other things going on, and I will be coming up for RMAF, although the meet would be better for listening. As for the he1000 and the crack, I don't think that would be a great match. The crack is best with high impedance headphones, but I don't know what the he-1000's are. I still have built my speedball either

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #62 of 84
Crescendo Fine Audio will be attending.

Great, looking forward to it! I've added you to the "Members of the Trade" list in post #1.

Steve, since it will be a smaller room....how many tables will be available?

12 tables at most, and I'm definitely trying to not overbook this time. As of right now, I've allocated 8 tables for everyone coming with gear, which includes Crescendo Fine Audio, and my own setup, so there are 4 more tables left. All of the up-to-date info is in post #1 btw. There are some recent updates there, so everyone coming may want to re-review it.

I probably will not go. Too many other things going on, and I will be coming up for RMAF, although the meet would be better for listening. As for the he1000 and the crack, I don't think that would be a great match. The crack is best with high impedance headphones, but I don't know what the he-1000's are. I still have built my speedball either

I don't suppose you might be willing to send out your Crack? Figured I might as well put the question out there.
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #64 of 84
Really excited for this, it will be my first meet/first time being somewhere that actually has high end audio gear, I still haven't been to shop that carries this kind of stuff any suggestions in the Denver metro area? I did finally get a high end DAP, the Luxury & Precision L5 but have yet to get a good amp and good headphones so it will be awesome to finally hear hi-res music on proper equipment. Thanks for putting this together fellas

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #66 of 84
The loaner HE1000 from HeadAmp arrived today, and it's on my head I as write this. Looking forward to spending further time with it before the meet.

Really excited for this, it will be my first meet/first time being somewhere that actually has high end audio gear, I still haven't been to shop that carries this kind of stuff any suggestions in the Denver metro area? I did finally get a high end DAP, the Luxury & Precision L5 but have yet to get a good amp and good headphones so it will be awesome to finally hear hi-res music on proper equipment. Thanks for putting this together fellas

There are a few shops/retailers around the Denver area that carry headphones & related equipment: Crescendo Fine Audio (who's coming to the meet), Tweek Geek, ListenUp, and Gold Sound. There's also a shop called YourFinalSystem in Boulder but I haven't visited them and don't really know much about them. Also Apex Audio (in Denver) and Audio Alternative (Fort Collins), but I haven't visited them yet either.

And there are a bunch of local hi-fi audio companies in the area too, like Ayre Acoustics, PS Audio, and Boulder Amplifiers in Boulder; Grace Design in Lyons; and YG Acoustics in Arvada (if you're into speakers). And more relevant to Head-Fi, Westone is in Colorado Springs. So there are lots of audio-related companies in Colorado!

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #67 of 84
I will be there. I will be bringing my HE-500, HE-6, HD-650s with the Norne Draug2 cable and my HD700s. My amps will be a Magni 2 Uber and a Lyr. My source will be the Schiit Yggdrasil. I do have a pair of HD800s, Alpha Dogs and Alpha Primes if anyone is interested, I can see if I can bring those, as well.

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #69 of 84
I'll be flying back to Denver this sunday instead of next sunday (gotta love crazy work schedules). The good news is I can now attend the second summer meet if I can get a ride from someone passing through the centennial area :) I'll take my Mad Dog Pros with me again, in addition to a Meridian Explorer. Anybody bringing an Audeze LCD-XC? I'm interesting in getting those, but only had a very brief time to audition them at a dealer.

Aug 15, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #70 of 84
I'll be flying back to Denver this sunday instead of next sunday (gotta love crazy work schedules). The good news is I can now attend the second summer meet if I can get a ride from someone passing through the centennial area :) I'll take my Mad Dog Pros with me again, in addition to a Meridian Explorer. Anybody bringing an Audeze LCD-XC? I'm interesting in getting those, but only had a very brief time to audition them at a dealer.

Nice, glad you can make it again! If you don't have a ride by Friday let me know, that'd be a bit out of my way but I could probably do it if you don't mind arriving at the venue a bit early. Will put you on the list as tentative.

Aug 15, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #71 of 84

Where in centennial? I live in Aurora, so it shouldn't be too far out of my way. My plan is to arrive when meet starts and stay until the end, if you are cool with that you are welcome to ride along. Let me know! 

Aug 19, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #72 of 84
Some updates:

- The meet now has a full description with its listing on the Belmar Library's Online Calendar of Events, so some non-Head-Fiers will almost certainly be walking in throughout the day. I figured the more people the better, and what better way to introduce people to Head-Fi?
wink.gif

- Sorry, but not sure if we'll be actually getting an Ether from MrSpeakers, as I haven't heard back from them recently to get a final confirmation. Hopefully we might still have one coming, should know more soon.

- Along the same lines, sorry but I won't have an Oppo PM-2 for the meet either.

- However, on the plus side, I have confirmation from ENIGMAcoustics that they're sending out a pre-production Dharma D1000!

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #73 of 84

I was hoping for a PM-1 and PM-2 for the meet. Unfortunately the demo loop is not cooperating...
I will go back and see what people requested from my list and bring all of that.

I do now have a Gustard H10 and a LHL X Infinity.  It is a bit of a pain due to the external 12 Volt supply... but I do like it pretty well, so I plan on bringing it. 

Aug 20, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #74 of 84
Update on the previous update:

MrSpeakers has confirmed that we're getting an Ether! So we'll have a few flagships between that, the HE1000, and the Dharma D1000. Big thanks to all the MOTs providing us with some very fine headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back