2015 Denver CO Summer Meet #2 (8/22)
Jun 30, 2015 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 84

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
Post-Meet Update - Impressions thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778615/8-22-15-denver-co-meet-impressions

The 2015 Denver CO Meets officially continue with Summer Meet #2! (Following on from the previous 6/27 meet: http://www.head-fi.org/t/764997/2015-denver-co-summer-meet-6-27) Would like to encourage all local Head-Fiers to attend, plus those afar that would like to!

If you can attend, just leave a post in this thread to sign up, and list any gear that you can bring! The more gear the better!

If there's anyone who hasn't yet joined the Colorado Head-Fiers Group, please join here: http://www.head-fi.org/groups/show/39/colorado-head-fiers-group

- Library Web site: http://jefferson.lib.co.us/locations/belmar-library
- Address: 555 S Allison Pkwy, Lakewood 80226
- Free wi-fi is available at the library for anyone who'd like to use an Internet music streaming site
- Parking is free

FYI: As a condition of having the meet at this library, it will be open to the public, so everyone should expect that some non-Head-Fiers will walk in throughout the day.

Date: Saturday, August 22, 2015
Time: 10:30 AM - 4:30 PM (room must be cleared by 4:45 PM)
Cost (optional): $1 cash per attending Head-Fi member is requested to help cover the cost of the room (which is $50) but is not required to attend

Power: Power strips and extension cords will be available to help with distribution around the room, but please bring enough power equipment for your own system.

Lunch/Food: No food inside the meeting room, please (water bottles or similar are ok though—and please keep all liquids sufficiently far from all equipment, including your own!). There are some options within immediate driving proximity of the library, including a Chipotle, Noodles & Company, and Panera, as well as fast food like Carl's Jr, Panda Express, and Chick-fil-A.

Misc: It can be surprisingly helpful at meets to have a camera (or camera-equipped device) on hand, as you never know when you might want to take a photo of something. Plus it always helps when other Head-Fiers have photos to post in the impressions thread that will be created after the meet.

Members of the Trade:
  1. Crescendo Fine Audio (a local hi-fi audio retailer based in Wheat Ridge) is attending with a variety of gear, see post #57 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/773039/2015-denver-co-summer-meet-2-8-22/45#post_11829144
  2. ENIGMAcoustics is sending out a pre-production Dharma D1000
  3. HeadAmp is sending out a HiFiMan HE1000 (HeadAmp is an authorized reseller for HiFiMan)
  4. MrSpeakers is sending out an Ether

Attendees: There are a maximum of 12 tables available, so up to 12 member setups will be allowed
  • arteom
  • AudioCats
  • AudiophileTL *
  • Demo3
  • Greystaff
  • Hardwired
  • john57
  • mandrake50
  • mikesale
  • nepherte (+1) *
  • shiverless *

* denotes people not bringing full setups (for table allocation purposes)

Equipment:
Google doc spreadsheet here, please update with your equipment: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14WtCxJRDZ05XYA6CYVmsY4t7jEJjOMu9TFZsTdIRyow/edit#gid=0

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #2 of 84
Great idea on having another meet in Aug. Either Aug date will work for me.

It will be great if this follow up meet can happen. I figured out which direction I might want to go at the 6/27 meet, it will be ideal to have a chance to do some more concentrated comparison sometime soon.

I hope to be able to
* do more listening with HD800, on my 5687 SRPP amp. This might be a good "all day listening" system, considering the HD800 is super comfy and the cups are breathable. 
* do further comparison on HE400i + HCC86  vs.  Stax 303 (will have 507 pads by then) + Stax amp combo.

*And maybe get more people to take the "sound of resistors" challenge
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 84
Unfortunately, none of those dates work well for me.

Jul 2, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 84

I can make any of the three  dates, AFAIK right now. I voted for the 22nd, because        I had to pick one...
wink_face.gif

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #7 of 84
Any chance someone lives in the city and county of Broomfield? We could potentially get a free venue if there's a Broomfield resident among us....
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 84
I know the 4th of July holiday probably took some momentum out of everyone, but how many people are still reading this thread? If there aren't more than a handful of people who are interested in another meet this summer I might have to shelve this, so speak up now!
tongue.gif
I'd be willing to put together a meet for as few as 5 people (not counting myself) but it's hard to tell if even that many are keeping tabs on this thread anymore.....

I'm looking at as many venue options as possible btw, I'm even trying to figure out something for a tiny crowd too at this point (<5), but it seems like interest has dropped? If there aren't any further posts in this thread by 7/21, I'm going to assume the interest is gone and won't bother organizing this. (The meet would probably have to be on 8/22 btw, since everything I've looked into is unavailable on 8/15.)

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #11 of 84
I'm in... Maybe I will have my FrankenEmber setup by then.

Jul 10, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #12 of 84
I already said I am interested... not sure what else to post...

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #13 of 84
Thanks, got you guys down. Btw, I'm only a bit frustrated because I sent a notification PM to about 30 people last week and aside from you guys, I haven't heard from anyone yet.....

Steve, maybe send out a group e-mail to check interest? 5 people should be easy to find, I am more worried about too many people not enough tables.

Well I already sent out a mass of PMs (last week), not sure what else to do. This time I'll definitely make sure not to overbook the tables.
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #14 of 84

I understand... lots of work to get things setup. It would be nice to get some feedback. Lots of folks said the really enjoyed the last one. ..

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 84
I am in as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back