2015 Denver CO Summer Meet #2 (8/22)
Jul 12, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #17 of 84
I'm flying in from Belgium on the 22nd so I won't be able to make it in time for this meet :frowning2: I'll definitely be at RMAF though.

Jul 16, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #18 of 84
So my August plans have since changed, and I might be out of town on both the 8/15 and 8/22 weekends. Anyone willing to take over organizing duties? I can still go ahead and book a venue for 8/22 regardless of whether I can attend or not, so that there can be a meet regardless, or I could fill in a new organizer on what to do, if anyone can take my place. Btw, the venues I was considering were the Sam Gary Library again (at $10/hr, so $70 for the day from 9:30 to 4:30 to allow setup & breakdown time) or the Belmar Library in Lakewood ($50 for the whole day).

In any case, it's unlikely I'm going to be able to make it now, but if everyone could either chip in equally, or if a new organizer comes forward soon then there can still be a meet.
smile.gif

I just checked my inbox and the most recent PM in there was from June 25.......

That's because you weren't on my last PM circulation, since you'd already said you could make it.
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #19 of 84
What are your thoughts guys? I honestly wanted to hear the Ethers, know member in the first meet thread said he had ordered a set, might PM him to see if he wants to come. I think everyone should list the equipment they would/could bring to see if people are still interested in meeting. If you want to list what equipment you want to hear that might be helpful as well. 

Interested to hear - 
HD-650
Mr Speakers Ether
Oppo PM-2
Any other headphone that is high end but has a more intimate soundstage, well balanced. 

Here is what I could bring, if there is interest. 

HD800
Alessandro MS Pro
AKG K501 
AKG Sextett
Audio Techncia ESW9

Paul Hynes Phono Stage - Technics SL1200 - Denon DL103S Cart
Twisted Pear OPUS DAC  with tablet/fiio x5/cd-player as source (if anyone wants to bring cd's I will bring cd player). 

cavalli EHHA for amplification. 

I will also bump the original meet thread to see if anyone else might want to join. I can take over organizational duties if you will be away, ASR.

edit: I won't be bumping original thread, that seems to be locked. Anyway, please express your interest. 

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #20 of 84
I might be able to go. Right now, it is looking possible for August 22nd, but that the only date I can go of those listed. Even then, it depends on how things work out here.

What I would like to hear:
Mr Speakers Ether
Hifiman HE10000
Hifiman HE6

What I can bring:
HD800
HD700
HD650 with Norne cable
Alpha Dog or Prime

Sources: MacBook Pro and Lenovo ThinkPad

DAC: Yggdrasil, Bifrost Uber, Modi 2

Amp: Magni 2 Uber, Magni, Lyr 1, Vali

I would rather not bring all of that, but if anyone is interested in a particular item, let me know.

Jul 17, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #21 of 84
The meet has been booked and is now officially on, see the updated post #1! We have the Belmar Library in Lakewood for 8/22.

Everyone should know that a condition of having the meet at this library is that it will be open to the public, so we should expect to have some non-Head-Fiers walk in.

Jul 17, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #22 of 84

Heck, that is right up the road from me. Will you need any help setting up. I could probably be there early to pitch in.

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #23 of 84
I want to be able to try out:
*HD800
*HE400i
*HE560
*Alpha dog
*BottleHead Crack amp

I will bring:
----Phones----
*Beyerdynamic 990/600ohm, generation-1
*Stax 303 (with 507 pads)
*Koss ESP950
*Slightly modded Fostex T50rp

---Amps----
*HCC86 Lancer with input selector (for the "sound of resistors" challenge)
*Stax SRM-1 (modded)
*5687 SRPP Cigar-box amp

---Source---
*Sony X555ES CDP
*Muse TDA1543 NOS Dac
*Fiio X3 DAP

Jul 18, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #24 of 84
I'll be seeing what I can do to acquire some loaner gear based on the previous posts, no guarantees yet though.
wink.gif

I will also bump the original meet thread to see if anyone else might want to join. I can take over organizational duties if you will be away, ASR.  
edit: I won't be bumping original thread, that seems to be locked. Anyway, please express your interest. 

Heck, that is right up the road from me. Will you need any help setting up. I could probably be there early to pitch in.

Thanks, will definitely let you guys know by 8/8 if any help is needed, since I should know my travel plans by then.

Jul 18, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #25 of 84

Lets see, I can bring the following if anyone is interested

HE 400i   (I saw one request for this )
HE 560
HE 400
HD 650
HD 580 modded with 600 drivers and rear screens (Essentially HD600)
AKG K7xx
NAD HP50
Fidelio X1

(I may have a set of either Oppo PM 1 or 2 Depending on how the demo rotation goes)

DAC
Emotiva DC1
Teac UD301
Audio GD NFB 15

DAC AMP Portable
LH Labs  GO 1000
Oppo HA-2
Meridian Explorer

Amps
Gustard H10
Garage 1217 Sunrise III
AND Polaris

Lots of other junk... if I happen to see some interest expressed  by anyone... can't list it all.

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #26 of 84
Assuming that the meet occurs on 08/22/15, I can make it.

Since I like to travel light, I will bring my Chord Hugo / Silver Dragon / Fostex TH900 setup. If I have received the EnigmAcoustics dharma DH1000 by the date of the meet, I will bring those as well.

By the way, the Chord Hugo sounds much better, in my opinion only, with an Alienware computer as opposed to a Mac - especially if one is running something such as JRiver.

As an Ambassador, I will contact Moon Audio's Drew Baird and see if he has any esoteric demo equipment available for audition.

Take care,

The Old Mad Dog

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #27 of 84
I will be there no matter which date, as long as I'm allowed... As I am new to this it will be my first such meet. Since I started as a car audio fanatic I have sunk all my spare cash into that the past year. Thus all I will be able to bring is a measly Fiio E07k and my headphones, is it ok to come to demo other people's gear?

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #29 of 84
I will be there no matter which date, as long as I'm allowed... As I am new to this it will be my first such meet. Since I started as a car audio fanatic I have sunk all my spare cash into that the past year. Thus all I will be able to bring is a measly Fiio E07k and my headphones, is it ok to come to demo other people's gear?

You sure can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back