2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction / Impressions
Aug 14, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #62 of 206
You can't stand a lil bass boost? :wink:

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #63 of 206
You can't stand a lil bass boost?
wink.gif

Maybe if it's served up on a plate rather than the back of a semi trailer. 
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #66 of 206
Maybe if it's served up on a plate rather than the back of a semi trailer. :wink:
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) what about for le Dubstep? Bring up that deep bass and give it a lil thump? I just go full bass boost on E11 for electronic. Sometimes add 4db@50hz or so extra if I'm feeling like it. :D or no bass boost. Depends on my mood.

Aug 14, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #67 of 206
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) what about for le Dubstep? Bring up that deep bass and give it a lil thump? I just go full bass boost on E11 for electronic. Sometimes add 4db@50hz or so extra if I'm feeling like it.
biggrin.gif
or no bass boost. Depends on my mood.

Hmm, I don't think so, not for me unfortunately, I used to own Hippo VB and bass-boost with E11 a long time ago. 
smile.gif

Set flat however loaded onto an iPod video line out SAP-5 is a very capable amp now testing it for more than a few days.

I think SMSL are onto a good thing. 

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #68 of 206

I used to own Hippo VB and bass-boost with E11 a long time ago. 
smile.gif

Hi! First time posting. Great review. I was actually thinking of buying this a month ago but I wasn't familiar with SMSL. Anyway, I was wondering how does it compare with E11 with regards to bass?

I'm thinking of using this headphone amp for my pc at work. Since I already have a hifimediy sabre dac, I need a amp to go with it. Thanks. :)

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #69 of 206
  Hi! First time posting. Great review. I was actually thinking of buying this a month ago but I wasn't familiar with SMSL. Anyway, I was wondering how does it compare with E11 with regards to bass?

I'm thinking of using this headphone amp for my pc at work. Since I already have a hifimediy sabre dac, I need a amp to go with it. Thanks. :)

Hi,

It's been too long since I've heard E11 though I personally wasn't the hugest fan to begin with. I think SAP-5 (set flat) offers a cleaner bass texture and probably around the same impact. But the bass-boost on SAP-5 is very much like E11 set on EQ2, keeping in mind there's no backing off it's just a straight on/off while E11 has two bass-boost settings.

Also remember there's the new E11K available now, though I'm simply not a fan of FiiO's amps house sound so will be giving it a miss.

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #71 of 206
Bought

Thanks @Nonsensical@H20Fidelity for all your inputs

Great, I think you'll be pleased, I'm listening atm to Shure SRH440 from Aune T1 line out and SAP-5 sounds clean that slight colouration makes the amp smooth while keeping nice detail levels. Really pleasant sound and I just gave SAP-5 its first charge.

The little volume dial can take some getting used too, but remembering the unit is for 'on the go' its the best way to have it.

Oh, but what's that off to the right?? 
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #72 of 206
Great, I think you'll be pleased, I'm listening atm to Shure SRH440 from Aune T1 line out and SAP-5 sounds clean that slight colouration makes the amp smooth while keeping nice detail levels. Really pleasant sound and I just gave SAP-5 its first charge.

The little volume dial can take some getting used too, but remembering the unit is for 'on the go' its the best way to have it.

Oh, but what's that off to the right?? 
:wink:  
TYPICAL MO ...LOL...bad pictures ..seem to be cropped at the side

Firstly ...been listening to Kryptic Minds ...me fav track is " Chosen Few" ...like me say ...crackin' album

So me diving head on might not be that rash after all ...yeah what is that shiny goldie bling bling ? ...mmmmmmmmm ...something that starts with "L"

Muahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

Me new cable .....nice huh !

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #73 of 206
TYPICAL MO ...LOL...bad pictures ..seem to be cropped at the side

Firstly ...been listening to Kryptic Minds ...me fav track is " Chosen Few" ...like me say ...crackin' album

So me diving head on might not be that rash after all ...yeah what is that shiny goldie bling bling ? ...mmmmmmmmm ...something that starts with "L"

Muahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

Me new cable .....nice huh !

Nice looking cable! You know I hear they're formulating cables with alien crystals now? 
tongue_smile.gif

Anyway, keeping to SAP-5, it's probably the cutest little amp you ever did see, you'll be rather suprised how small it is and I do after A/Bing much prefer the sound over C&C BH.

Keeping in mind BH is $100  and SAP-5 is only half the price!

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #74 of 206
Nice looking cable! You know I hear they're formulating cables with alien crystals now? no more cable for me ...aliens or what not ..

Anyway, keeping to SAP-5, it's probably the cutest little amp you ever did see, you'll be rather suprised how small it is and I do after A/Bing much prefer the sound over C&C BH.

Keeping in mind BH is $100  and SAP-5 is only half the price!

They sure look very pleasing to the eyes ...did not get the blue color - might be too out of sync with me other gear ...lol.....let the wait begin ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back