2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction / Impressions
Aug 7, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #16 of 206
popcorn.gif
output impedance?

Unknown at such time.

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 206
The $48 seller I bought from on ebay uses ePacket too. I should have it in less than 2 weeks.

If it sounds the same as the NX1 with bass boost, its a winner.

I STILL haven't needed to charge my NX1 though, and its been almost 2 months or more. 

Is that the same seller I linked last page? They sent me two msgs, one saying 30-50 days and another one saying here is the 'express number' (whatever that means).... My internet ninja radar says throw in some salt grains with that serving.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #19 of 206
Is that the same seller I linked last page? They sent me two msgs, one saying 30-50 days and another one saying here is the 'express number' (whatever that means).... My internet ninja radar says throw in some salt grains with that serving.

Same seller, except the USPS has a service called ePacket with China that gets low weight items here quicker for a price not much higher than standard shipping. My tracking number is already confirmed with an ePacket number.

The service might not be available to Australia.

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #20 of 206
Same seller, except the USPS has a service called ePacket with China that gets low weight items here quicker for a price not much higher than standard shipping. My tracking number is already confirmed with an ePacket number.

The service might not be available to Australia.

Thanks for the info, checking today my tracking is showing as left for destination country.

Let's see what happens and keep us posted bhazard.

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #26 of 206
First impressions are up and edited into the first post.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it guys, I find it makes my iPod Video sound much better than stock headphone out or what C&C BH was offering.

I really want others to chime in and say their thoughts as for $50 it seems like another winner. So many amps coming out recently that over perform their price tag.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/729667/new-2014-model-smsl-sap-5-portable-headphone-amplifer-introduction-impressions#post_10776532

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #27 of 206
Nice review ...good pictures especially the 75g shot ....very nice touch ..first time me see review with weighing machine ..lol.

Been waiting all morning for your impressions ...quick one ?

Between NX1 and SAP-5 ....what would be the main difference in sound signature ? If you were forced to choose one ..which would you pick ...

Cheers mate ..thanks

Edited ...do they sound goooooood with HAVI ...

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #28 of 206
Nice review ...good pictures especially the 75g shot ....very nice touch ..first time me see review with weighing machine ..lol.

Been waiting all morning for your impressions ...quick one ?

Between NX1 and SAP-5 ....what would be the main difference in sound signature ? If you were forced to choose one ..which would you pick ...

Cheers mate ..thanks

To be honest, I think I'd take SAP-5, mainly because it offers more refinement in the mid-range, and this slight coloration agrees with me more. On a level of detail they're roughly the same, maybe NX1 leaning slightly cooler gives that effect of a touch more. Pretty much I'll leave this SAP-5 connected to an iPod Video full-time and drive different headphones / IEM's as I enjoy the sound it puts out compared to the iPod headphone out, for $50 the improvement it made to the iPod is worth it alone. Keep in mind at the time of writing this I only had the amp 8 hours, so don't want to say anything too concrete. I still have other sources to go through like Colorfly C3 for example and my opinion could completely change.

Time answers all......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back