2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction / Impressions
Aug 12, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #31 of 206
Nice short review / first impressions. Very appreciated. I too think it's a pity about the overpronounced bass-boost. Maybe a high-/low-gain switch would have been nice too or maybe instead?

What interests me most is if the Ibasso DX50/90 would also benefit from the SAP-5 or NX1, although I do not use power-hungry phones (i.e. Denon AH-D600, Brainwavz R3 - ok, exception HE400 and Havi B3 Pro I).

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #33 of 206
  Nice short review / first impressions. Very appreciated. I too think it's a pity about the over pronounced bass-boost. Maybe a high-/low-gain switch would have been nice too or maybe instead?

What interests me most is if the Ibasso DX50/90 would also benefit from the SAP-5 or NX1, although I do not use power-hungry phones (i.e. Denon AH-D600, Brainwavz R3 - ok, exception HE400 and Havi B3 Pro I).

I think that would be great idea regarding the high / low gain switch. 

I can do some comparison with DX50 headphone out eventually.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #34 of 206
Muaaahahaaaaaaa ....me gettin itchy fingers ....thinking of offloading one of me amps ...and get this SAP-5s ....

I really didn't want to say much today, as the amp is so new here. But I knew you guys were keen to get something on it.

I'll probably add more to the mini review (first page) once things settle

Been a strange day here at Uncle H20's house.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #35 of 206
I really didn't want to say much today, as the amp is so new here. But I knew you guys were keen to get something on it.

I'll probably add more to the mini review (first page) once things settle

Been a strange day here at Uncle H20's house.

No worry mate ...as for me ...one of the reason is me other amp Little Bear B-2 does work very well for me ..imho wee bit better... than NX1 especially where I can change the chip for different sound signature ...but for on the go ...size of SAP-5s would be better comapred to me Bear ...

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #37 of 206
No worry mate ...as for me ...one of the reason is me other amp Little Bear B-2 does work very well for me ..imho wee bit better... than NX1 especially where I can change the chip for different sound signature ...but for on the go ...size of SAP-5s would be better comapred to me Bear ...

It seems just like cheaper IEM, theres so many choices coming out now In regards to amps for the budget friendly. Not long ago all you could really get for about $50 was an E11,but now with so many options available it becoming much easier. What's good to see though many of these new products popping up are highly capable. I guess just pick one and stick with it.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #39 of 206
It seems just like cheaper IEM, theres so many choices coming out now In regards to amps for the budget friendly. Not long ago all you could really get for about $50 was an E11,but now with so many options available it becoming much easier. What's good to see though many of these new products popping up are highly capable. I guess just pick one and stick with it.

Hah, buy one and stick with it...Where would the fun be in that? 
confused.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #40 of 206
Hah, buy one and stick with it...Where would the fun be in that? :confused:

Well it sounds good in theory, though any insane Head-fi member knows the truth as you've just demonstrated. :) With $40-50 amps showing up everywhere we're popping them off like quick snacks and onto the next.

As my friend Lee would say: 'Gotta catch em all' :wink:

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #41 of 206

Hah, buy one and stick with it...Where would the fun be in that? :confused:

Well it sounds good in theory, though any insane Head-fi member knows the truth as you've just demonstrated. :) With $40-50 amop showing up everywhere we're popping them off quick snack and onto the next.

As my friend Lee would say: 'Gotta catch em all' :wink:

Wallet wise ..yes ...totally agree ..

Headfi logic ....nahhhhh ....that is why headfi is thriving with new thread for new products .....me started with one iem but now me drawers is infested with many many iems....lol

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #42 of 206
Well it sounds good in theory, though any insane Head-fi member knows the truth as you've just demonstrated.
smily_headphones1.gif
With $40-50 amps showing up everywhere we're popping them off like quick snacks and onto the next.

As my friend Lee would say: 'Gotta catch em all'
wink.gif

Well, I'll wait for impressions on this particular amp. I think my current portable amp + NX1 pretty much has me covered for now...for...now. I really wanted to jump on the Soundmagic HP200 bandwagon, but it looks like that's not happening for now. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #43 of 206
Wallet wise ..yes ...totally agree ..

Headfi logic ....nahhhhh ....that is why headfi is thriving with new thread for new products .....me started with one iem but now me drawers is infested with many many iems....lol

You really don't want to look about 2 meters beside me right now then..... Really. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #44 of 206
You really don't want to look about 2 meters beside me right now then..... Really. 

Your post gave a me a " LIGHT BULB " moment ....me other half very pissed at me for me audio hobby ....now me can shoot back at her for her shoes collection ......muahahahahahahahahahahaaaa .....me gonna enjoy this moment of me being smart ....kekekeekee...

Btw ..did you enjoy Portishead ?

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #45 of 206
Your post gave a me a " LIGHT BULB " moment ....me other half very pissed at me for me audio hobby ....now me can shoot back at her for her shoes collection ......muahahahahahahahahahahaaaa .....me gonna enjoy this moment of me being smart ....kekekeekee...

Btw ..did you enjoy Portishead ?

I ...wouldn't go there, Wokei. That's dangerous territory, and will only make your audio hobby much more difficult. Believe me, you don't want to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back