2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction / Impressions
Aug 31, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #138 of 206
Probably NX1 to be honest.

Thanks H2O for your opinion. Btw, it will be also be very much appreciated if you could share why the NX1 would be your preferred choice with the BA. Really curious what are the areas that make it your preferred choice for my application since you have heard both. Thanks again.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #139 of 206
Thanks H2O for your opinion. Btw, it will be also be very much appreciated if you could share why the NX1 would be your preferred choice with the BA. Really curious what are the areas that make it your preferred choice for my application since you have heard both. Thanks again.

Sorry for keeping it brief, my internet landline connection went out yesterday, I'm limited to my phone which makes things tough. If you can please wait until it's restored I can explain in proper detail. I'm basically running on fuel vapours atm. (sorry)

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #140 of 206
Sorry for keeping it brief, my internet landline connection went out yesterday, I'm limited to my phone which makes things tough. If you can please wait until it's restored I can explain in proper detail. I'm basically running on fuel vapours atm. (sorry)

No worries mate, can't be accepting apologise and not needed here as I'm the one asking for advice. Sorry I got you at the wrong time though and hope you get your land line connection back soon. Anyway, just to add that I also have a clip zip apart from the BA that I intent to amp thus maybe you could advice with that in the equation. Thanks in advance mate.

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #142 of 206
This is tempting but have an order for the NX1. I'm also anticipating H2O thoughts with the NX1+BA combo. Might pick one up soon as I have 2 more dap that I want amped. Impression please, Wokei.

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #145 of 206
Have not make any purchase yet as I would like to wait for the amp to come in first before deciding whether to go with straight or 90 degree jack. 

If your dap LO or HO is located at the side ...then the pic me posted would be ideal .....
If they be located at the top ....get straight ...

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #146 of 206
If your dap LO or HO is located at the side ...then the pic me posted would be ideal .....
If they be located at the top ....get straight ...

Thanks for the thoughts. Will look into it as I have a clip zip with HO on the side and a BA with HO on top. Not to worry for that matter though and will work it out pretty easily. Cheers.

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #147 of 206
Thanks for the thoughts. Will look into it as I have a clip zip with HO on the side and a BA with HO on top. Not to worry for that matter though and will work it out pretty easily. Cheers.

What gear do you intend on using with this Rocco BA / amp rig? I believe that's going to be more important than how well each amp pairs with the Rocco.

In a nutshell SAP -5 is going to sound smoother and a little more laid back than NX1, if I had to call it I'm not sure you'd want to take the Rocco's slightly brighter detail away.

My gut feeling is if you like the BA's sound signature go for NX1 which offers more of the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back