2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction / Impressions
Sep 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #166 of 206
  Selling my SAP-5 if anyone's interested in snapping it up.

Like anything I move on gear once I've sampled it - good price for Australian members.

Plus I could use the money to take some load off a purchase I have coming up.

(please don't think this because I dislike the amp, it's actually great. Anyone that's known me a while understands this is how I do things)

buy/try/sell

A new amp? 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #170 of 206
@Wokei
 I would really like to know how does Sap-5 sound with your Ttpod t1e ? Would you prefer Nx1 or sap-5 for this iem ? 

Both actually pair well with T1E....SAP5 will add some colourisation ....slight bump in soundstage ...wee bit more livelier compared to NX1 ....but not on bass boost gain ...the bass in T1e is already more than enuf

Me much prefer NX1 with T1E

Cheers

Sep 21, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #171 of 206
@Wokei  If you had to choose b/w one: Topping nx1 or Smsl Sap-5  ...which one would you prefer overall ? 

I use xiaomi pistons 2.1 for now and shall soon be ordering ttpod t1e along with anyone of these amp so really need your advice. :)

Sep 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #172 of 206
@Wokei
  If you had to choose b/w one: Topping nx1 or Smsl Sap-5  ...which one would you prefer overall ? 

I use xiaomi pistons 2.1 for now and shall soon be ordering ttpod t1e along with anyone of these amp so really need your advice. :)

Me dont have Piston but have T1E ( both of these iem are bass heavy ) .....me would recommend you to get NX1 if you like flat neutral amp sound ....another consideration is that battery in NX1 is really out of this world ...estimation of 100 hrs is not a joke while SAP-5s can go for like 50-60 hrs .

At the end of the day ..both would be good choice ...Dany.

Sep 22, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #175 of 206
I'll be getting the Topping nx1  ....I can get this cheaper than sap-5.The battery is enormous.So i guess i'll be good with it....But i've to say i like the looks of sap-5 more. xD

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #176 of 206
From the Kogan thread:

Did some comparisons with the Kogan/E11 and Kogan/SAP5 combos just then side by side. Wasn't too much difference, but the SAP-5 won out a little. I was using a SPC cable on the SAP and a pretty good copper one on the E11 so it should have not made too much of a difference. 

The E11 was a little on the warm side, being rather lush sounding whereas the SAP was very neutral. In fact, I couldn't really hear any colouration on the SAP except maybe it has a tiny upper mid boost, but if it is there it is very minor. The SAP is just a little better all round, larger soundstage, better separation and detail but it doesn't blow the E11 away or anything. 

The E11 does, however, have a removable battery and a bass boost setting that it pretty good. The SAP's bass boost is really muddy and just terrible really. 

Anyway, my Kogan/E11 + copper cable combo is up for trade now. If anyone is interested, shoot me an offer. Trades only please and I'm extra interested in the Havi, VSD3 and Altone. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #178 of 206
Hai gaiz..
Well i want to buy amp
I will have kogan player+ and now i'm using sansa clip+
And vsonic gr02be, vsonic VSD3s, and havi b3 pro 1
What im loking for is iwant a sensasion hearing a woman singer..akustik guitar and piano...
But sometime just hear a popular song..
Sap 5 can grant my wish?
Or maybey topping nx1???

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #180 of 206
I gather he wants to know which amp will work best for the IEM in his possession. For Havi I'll recommend NX1. VSD3S in my opinion don't need an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back