2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Dec 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #107 of 163
  Sign-ups are now closed and the exchange partner pairings have been updated to post #1!

Sorry to both sardar17 and tjohnusa who weren't included - no one signed up from India for sardar17, and tjohnusa sort of said it himself.
redface.gif
(Though I've offered to exchange with him, so maybe that'll work out.)

I tried to accommodate all requested shipping preferences but if anyone has any complaints on that part, let me know. There were a surprising number of USA Head-Fiers willing to ship worldwide via Amazon this year but not as many international Head-Fiers who were willing to ship to the USA, which I thought was sort of weird....any of the international Head-Fiers who can say why?

If anyone has an unresponsive partner (i.e., a non-response within 3 days), let me know that as well.

I'm puzzled too actually - I think everyone would have an Amazon / Ebay account (at least those that order frequent enough from Internet), and shipping to US should not an issue. Maybe
- international Head-Fiers prefers someone local so its easier to establish the connection for future follow up events like meet ups?
- Less Christain on the otherside of the world :p I'm not Christian, but I love the idea of sharing, exchanging ideas and presents :)

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #108 of 163
I think we're in the same boat. I too will wait patiently...

If you don't get a response within the 3 days, the best thing to do is probably to just post in this thread to ask if someone would be up for another exchange partner. Hopefully there would be someone that would contact you, otherwise the worst-case scenario would be that you'd have to sit out the Exchange.

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #109 of 163
Once everyone gets their exchange gift - please drop by the Whadjaget thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694273/head-fi-2013-christmas-gift-exchange-whadjaget-thread

And tell us who your partner was, what they sent you, and what you think of it.

Edit : Spelling

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #110 of 163
  Once everyone gets their exchange gift - please drop by the Whadjaget thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694273/head-fi-2013-christmas-gift-exchange-whadjaget-thread

And tell us who your partenr was, what they sent you, and what you think of it.

Unless you are waiting for Xmas day to open it 
wink_face.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #111 of 163
  Unless you are waiting for Xmas day to open it 
size]

Definitely.  But still come back and post later.  Always nice to hear what the gifts were, and a good chance to discover artists you may never have heard about 
biggrin.gif

Edit : Spelling

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #112 of 163

...and a good chance to discover artisits you may never have heard about 
biggrin.gif

Which is what I really like about the gift exchange 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #113 of 163
Man - I have to type slower.  Going back to correct those spelling mistakes now ......

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #114 of 163
If you don't get a response within the 3 days, the best thing to do is probably to just post in this thread to ask if someone would be up for another exchange partner. Hopefully there would be someone that would contact you, otherwise the worst-case scenario would be that you'd have to sit out the Exchange.

Let's hope this worst case scenario does not happen. I have a pair of cool BNIB IEMs in the 50 dollar range to exchange as well, if anyone is specifically interested. :)

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #115 of 163
as already stated i would be happy to send to anyone but

1)i don't have a credit card
2)i have a maestro debit card which dosen't work on ebay and amazon,,,,,,it works only for indian retailers

but in a week or so i will get visa or mastercard

Dec 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #118 of 163
Please don't be a cheapskate. By agreeing to participate, you agree to BUY at least one NEW CD or LP for your exchange partner. No pirated material or used items! Rare, out-of-print, or collectible items are ok though. If you can't see yourself spending at least ~$10-$15 (USD) on a music gift for another Head-Fier, please don't sign up.

I have two albums in mind, but I couldn't decide which one to gift. XD
I guess I'll send my partner a PM about whether to send 1 or 2 albums.

And I just posted in the wrong thread, but it's on topic.
It looks like a good handful of people last year gifted two albums, so I was wondering if that's the norm for the exchange.

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #119 of 163
I have two albums in mind, but I couldn't decide which one to gift. XD
I guess I'll send my partner a PM about whether to send 1 or 2 albums.

And I just posted in the wrong thread, but it's on topic.
It looks like a good handful of people last year gifted two albums, so I was wondering if that's the norm for the exchange.

Talk to your partner about it and discuss and reach agreement.  My partner and I both elected to set a limit of $40 and to use digital media.  I purchased him 4 digital albums, and he got me 3 (similar value).  All albums from both sides were legally purchased (not copies we already had) for the occasion - and all lossless.  It worked out really good and is by far the easiest way to arrange it.  If more people did it this way - we could also make it truly international, and get away from the usual "CONUS only" requests.

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #120 of 163
Digital FTW.

But I'm happy with what my partner recommended. We each make a wish list on amazon, share the list, then pick out albums from it to send each other. This way we get things we know we will like yet still keep an element of surprise... "Which ones did he pick from my list! :hushed:"

Also,
Fruendship FOrevar!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back