2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Dec 16, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #137 of 163

That's correct, together with the "still some work to be done by fiio to make it a great product" X3

hmmm

i am little afraid of the very small strain relief so have put on electric black tape on the part and put ear hooks on.

even reinforced the jack as it looked flimsy too

by the way is clip+ enough with gr07??
or i must get a better player for these to really shine?

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #138 of 163

hmmm

i am little afraid of the very small strain relief so have put on electric black tape on the part and put ear hooks on.

even reinforced the jack as it looked flimsy too

by the way is clip+ enough with gr07??
or i must get a better player for these to really shine?

Hey, I have a clip+ but I haven't tried with the GR07. Give me a week and I will be able to compare it with the X3.

Regarding the strain relief, can you post a photo of what you did?

Certainly the GR07 look kinda delicate, but guess time will tell.

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #139 of 163

Hey, I have a clip+ but I haven't tried with the GR07. Give me a week and I will be able to compare it with the X3.

Regarding the strain relief, can you post a photo of what you did?

Certainly the GR07 look kinda delicate, but guess time will tell.

what i did is so crude that i will be a cursed man here if i post the pics
biggrin.gif

but nonetheless atleast the movement of housing around the wire entering it has stopped.Thats the danger zone and with above ear configuration when u push in and pull out i think there is strain every time.

so i think it better to be safe than sorry.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #140 of 163
Just to set the record straight: zebRAW couldn't respond due to personal circumstances but we've just arranged it all. So my original partner was delayed, not absent.

So far I have four great partners all with a different taste and I'm loving every minute of it!
biggrin.gif
You guys are great!

Dec 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #141 of 163
  Just to set the record straight: zebRAW couldn't respond due to personal circumstances but we've just arranged it all. So my original partner was delayed, not absent.

So far I have four great partners all with a different taste and I'm loving every minute of it!
biggrin.gif
You guys are great!

Thanks for setting it straight :) I'm also really enjoying this, thanks to you :)

Dec 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #142 of 163
i guess there is always next year for me. It has been 5 days since i heard from my partner and am still awaiting a name to mail this stuff out with. he has even been online since last contact but hasnt responded.

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #145 of 163
You're just jealous 'cause I'm popular! :tongue:

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #150 of 163
Will be opening the package I received from AHorseNamedJeff on Christmas! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back