2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Dec 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #151 of 163
Heh, I feel bad
frown.gif
, I opened the box
very_evil_smiley.gif
, well really not that bad
tongue.gif
, heh, there is one CD still wrapped for Christmas for me to open.
ksc75smile.gif

The other one I have burned in and am listening to it
smily_headphones1.gif
, The Complete Clapton collection...nice very nice.
L3000.gif

Thank you,
beerchug.gif

UnityIsPower

How are you doing with my gift to you? 
o2smile.gif
Did you end up getting into them already?
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #152 of 163
  Heh, I feel bad
frown.gif
, I opened the box
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
ksc75smile.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
L3000.gif

Thank you,
beerchug.gif

UnityIsPower

o2smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

holy smilies batman...

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #154 of 163
  Heh, I feel bad
frown.gif
, I opened the box
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
ksc75smile.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
L3000.gif

Thank you,
beerchug.gif

UnityIsPower

o2smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Wait, what? You burned in a CD? Really? What do you mean by that?

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #155 of 163
  Wait, what? You burned in a CD? Really? What do you mean by that?

Heh, that's my term for putting it on the computer, most of the world would call it ripping it to disk, but I am just different that way.
biggrin.gif
  all just 1's and 0's....

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #156 of 163
Merry Xmas eve right back at you, and everyone else here! :)

I'll post impressions in the Wadjaget thread.

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #157 of 163

Heh, that's my term for putting it on the computer, most of the world would call it ripping it to disk, but I am just different that way.
biggrin.gif
  all just 1's and 0's....

Ah, thanks. I was worried there for a second that CDs also need burn-in, as then they'll sound better... 
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #160 of 163
  Why isn't hardware allowed?

I think the intent is to keep the cost down, most hardware would be over some peoples budget and potentially more difficult to ship.  I think it really is up to the individuals in the end.  The rules are there mostly to try to level the field.

From first post:
What's considered a gift? In past years, this has usually been music — on CD or LP. Or it can be anything else you & your exchange partner would rather do (which can be discussed over PM), as long as it's "software" and not hardware like headphones or other gear. Music is preferred since Head-Fi is sort of a music-related site, but if you & your partner would rather exchange movies (on Blu-Ray or DVD) or some other type of low-cost item, feel free.

Jan 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #161 of 163
I snail-mailed from Canada to US, and my partner received it in a few days.

My partner ordered from Amazon Canada directly before I had even shipped out from my end... and it arrived just a couple days ago
rolleyes.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #162 of 163
  I think the intent is to keep the cost down, most hardware would be over some peoples budget and potentially more difficult to ship.  I think it really is up to the individuals in the end.  The rules are there mostly to try to level the field.

From first post:
What's considered a gift? In past years, this has usually been music — on CD or LP. Or it can be anything else you & your exchange partner would rather do (which can be discussed over PM), as long as it's "software" and not hardware like headphones or other gear. Music is preferred since Head-Fi is sort of a music-related site, but if you & your partner would rather exchange movies (on Blu-Ray or DVD) or some other type of low-cost item, feel free.

It does specifically say "as long as it's software and not hardware like headphones or other gear", which struck me as a little odd.

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #163 of 163
It does specifically say "as long as it's software and not hardware like headphones or other gear", which struck me as a little odd.

The reason is because any headphone that would be a worthwhile addition to many of our collections is over $200, to pick a ballpark value. We don't expect anyone to spend that kind of money on a stranger, and there is also a chance they won't return the favor. Also, this used to be called the music exchange. The idea is to learn about new music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back