2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Dec 6, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #92 of 163
OK, that's it! I'm in after years of lurking around in this community and finally signed up because of this. Curiosity entertains. :)

WW shipping is not a problem to me, but for organization's sake I'll add that I'm located in Belgium.

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #93 of 163
I sadly cannot participate this year due to unemployment. If you can find it in your heart to include me I can do some good used vynl, cd's or a set of senn px100. Let me know...conus only please.

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #94 of 163
Sounds like fun, I'm in.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #95 of 163
Sign-ups are now closed and the exchange partner pairings have been updated to post #1!

Sorry to both sardar17 and tjohnusa who weren't included - no one signed up from India for sardar17, and tjohnusa sort of said it himself.
redface.gif
(Though I've offered to exchange with him, so maybe that'll work out.)

I tried to accommodate all requested shipping preferences but if anyone has any complaints on that part, let me know. There were a surprising number of USA Head-Fiers willing to ship worldwide via Amazon this year but not as many international Head-Fiers who were willing to ship to the USA, which I thought was sort of weird....any of the international Head-Fiers who can say why?

If anyone has an unresponsive partner (i.e., a non-response within 3 days), let me know that as well.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #96 of 163
 There were a surprising number of USA Head-Fiers willing to ship worldwide via Amazon this year but not as many international Head-Fiers who were willing to ship to the USA, which I thought was sort of weird....any of the international Head-Fiers who can say why?

I guess I chose to opt out of the USA because I sort of thought I had listened to a lot of American music and would find it interesting to hear more "world music". I'm not saying American music is bad in any way whatsoever, but a fair chunk of what you hear tends to be American.

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #97 of 163
 There were a surprising number of USA Head-Fiers willing to ship worldwide via Amazon this year but not as many international Head-Fiers who were willing to ship to the USA, which I thought was sort of weird....any of the international Head-Fiers who can say why?

I guess I chose to opt out of the USA because I sort of thought I had listened to a lot of American music and would find it interesting to hear more "world music". I'm not saying American music is bad in any way whatsoever, but a fair chunk of what you hear tends to be American.

I'm a Texan boy going through a British prog phase :wink:

Album is Yes's "Fragile" BTW

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #98 of 163
I'm partnered with Ethan?? Aww FRICK YEAH

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #99 of 163
I'm a Texan boy going through a British prog phase
wink.gif

Album is Yes's "Fragile" BTW

Old Genesis ftw!

Nice! I've got partnered with someone who does not live on the dark side of the moon (speak: a country without proper Amazon support)  :)

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #101 of 163
Nice! I've got partnered with someone who does not live on the dark side of the moon (speak: a country without proper Amazon support)  :)

It's funny because I was super excited to see that amazon.com.au opened up, then I was very disappointed to see it was just an eBook store...

One day perhaps

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #105 of 163
MY exchange partner has not been on since the 11/26 but i will wait the 3 days looking grim though :wink:

I think we're in the same boat. I too will wait patiently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back