2012 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest) -- Come and hang out with thousands of fellow audio enthusiasts!
Oct 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #212 of 222
Oct 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #214 of 222
Quote:
If you guys haven't tried FAD's prototype headphones, please drop by their table and give their headphones a good listen.  Bring your mp3 player if you have one.  It sounded mind-blowing out of my sony x series.  Dare I say, one of the best if not the best dynamics I've heard.  The sound imaging is just sick.  IMO, it surpasses the Fostex TH900 in overall sound quality.

Are the FAD prototype phones you are referring to the $8000 stainless-steel Muramassa VIII?
http://www.bornrich.com/final-audio-designs-8000-stainless-steel-headphones-superheroes.html

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #215 of 222
Quote:

Are the FAD prototype phones you are referring to the $8000 stainless-steel Muramassa VIII?
http://www.bornrich.com/final-audio-designs-8000-stainless-steel-headphones-superheroes.html

Found the answer to my question.
In a head-fi thread on the subject of the Muramasa VIII.
It seems the Muramasa project was shelved, with a handful or so or even fewer exemplars seeing the
light.
What tamahome77 was so impressed with is a series of plastic headphones FAD is developing.
The top price for the phones in this series is said to be $1,250.
And - as per tamahome77's auditon as posted to the Muramas VIII thread - better than both the $2000
Fostex TH900 and the $2000.LCD-3.
FAD says  it will come.out early next year.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #216 of 222
Quote:
If you guys haven't tried FAD's prototype headphones, please drop by their table and give their headphones a good listen.  Bring your mp3 player if you have one.  It sounded mind-blowing out of my sony x series.  Dare I say, one of the best if not the best dynamics I've heard.  The sound imaging is just sick.  IMO, it surpasses the Fostex TH900 in overall sound quality.

Does FAD has any website?? What does it (F.A.D) stands for? Thank you!

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #217 of 222
Nov 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #219 of 222
Quote:
really nice `

ThanX!!  I put alot into that article.
Wait til you guys see my piece in The Daily Swarm.com this Friday!  I give ALL of you credit, and Jude, for helping to educate me on this spectacular sonic voyage into a new audio frontier - and that after fifteen years in the high end audio and music industries!!!!

You guys are the stars of the article (about CanJam/RMAF, and personal audio).  I'm also taking a bit of a chance here, as it's a -I'm not holdin' back sh__- type of piece where I say things that the old guard may not like,  But, f___ that.  My duty as an audio journalist is to report on the PRESENT.  Some people are simply clueless about the fact that the world is shrinking; physically (think living space) and digitally!  Well, I LOVE analog too (I'm not referring to just digital music playback here, but the digital revolution).  Well, I could go on..  But I'm psyched to give you all your due, from a person who's dedicated most of his life to the pursuit of state-of-the-art music reproduction for the home!!

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #220 of 222
Love your stuff, Mike. Keep it coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back