2010 World Series
Nov 2, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #32 of 43
Might not exist.  I couldn't even find live streams of the games, but some head-fiers posted links. 

Why are there 5,600 views of the College Football thread, and only 200 views of the (MLB- not Colllege) World Series thread? 

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #33 of 43
^ A few in that thread, have been posting about college football for years. I wouldn't worry about it.. I've run across a lot of big baseball fans on Head-Fi. 

Congrats to the Giants! I watched about half the series. Overall, it was rather dull competitively. After the first game, where Lee was lit up, the Rangers just did't seem the same, to me at least. The better team won and all that. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #34 of 43

Quote:
^ A few in that thread, have been posting about college football for years. I wouldn't worry about it.. I've run across a lot of big baseball fans on Head-Fi.

I wouldn't say i'm worried about it, I'm just curious.  I know Football is more popular than baseball these days, but I didn't think it was that much more popular.

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #35 of 43
Football has eclipsed baseball in popularity. Not that it is right or wrong. It is just kind of how it is now. For example, Monday Night Football beat the World Series last night by a couple of million viewers. I also read that it has been one of the lowest rated World Series ever. 

That's too bad. I like the game and its place in Americana myself. I'm just not well versed. Otherwise I would of attempted to chat with you guys. 

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #36 of 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monday Night Football beat the World Series last night by a couple of million viewers. I also read that it has been one of the lowest rated World Series ever.

What?  That's really sad.  I guess after watching enough Bruce Willis movies and TV and video games, our attention spans aren't long enough for a game like Baseball, which is very quiet and subtle.  I personally don't need aggression to enjoy something, but I can see the thrill of faster paced games. 

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #37 of 43
We have a Warrior Culture after all, that's how our society is programmed 
angry_face.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #43 of 43
I'm a little surprised about King Felix winning it for the AL this year based on his wins(13-12 record), but completely understand the logic behind it.  A starter with a 2.27 ERA and only 13 wins?!!  Simply amazing.  His numbers couldn't be ignored though. 

The only thing I'm upset about is the rookie of the year for the AL.  Austin Jackson should have won it!  Voting for the NL ROY was good in my opinion at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back