2009 College Football Thread
Oct 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #121 of 1,108
Keenum should be the heispan front runner right now.

Anyone who wrote off Miami for one loss, won't tonight. They're going to beat OU. I have already planned to mourn; bought extra beer and have thanked god for a new Saturday Night Live. At least it's a night game, so I can enjoy the football today.
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Today should be fun.

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #122 of 1,108
Agree, some very good games today. UGA - LSU should be a good one, and looking forward to Cal - USC and "The U" - OU tonight. I'm going with UGA, Cal (yes, Cal), and "The U".

In the 11:00 kicks it will be all big Ten for me - NU - PU, Wisco - Minny, and Mich - MSU. I like the Cats (of course), Badgers, and Wolverines, and predict very massive, dull wins by the Nittanies over the Illini and tOSU over Indiana in the later B10 games.

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #123 of 1,108
Taking the three home dogs...that would make for a crazy day. I'll differ. USC is going to shut down Cal, and Lesticals will find a way for LSU to win. Georgia is really banged up. The last two years, not many teams have had more bad luck with injuries.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #124 of 1,108
Well, Michigan State hasn't exactly lived up to preseason hype this year, but they at least managed to win the most important game of the year. They nearly threw it away (they were up 20-6 early in the 4th, blew several opportunities to score, and went into OT before winning), but a win, as they say, is a win. A win against a ranked team is even better, and against a ranked in-state rival best of all. Hopefully they can turn the rest of the season around.

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #125 of 1,108
Nice win for your Spartans Arainach! I saw the OT segment.

How 'bout the end of that LSU - UGA game??? Wow.

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #129 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sure hope you didn't put any money on that one.
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL! Yeah...that was my worst pick of the day for sure!!! I thought Cal would rebound. NOT.

Michigan and UGA also ultimately let me down, but in very close contests. Cal, on the other hand...sheesh.

And staying with the Pac-10, how about the Cardinal! Surprising (at lkeast to me) win over UCLA yesterday.

"The U" help up their end of the bargain for me, though. Good game. Not sure what happened to Miami in Blacksburg, but the 'Canes are a good ball team.

A week without Tebow Talk is a refreshing week in CFB...

Bummer that, for a 3rd straight game, ND escaped with a win they shouldn't have. MSU, Purdue, and Washington all had their chances to beat the Irish, and couldn't get it done. For me, that is hard to forgive.

Anyone else see that Nevada had 559 yards rushing Saturday??? That's more than quite a few teams have on the SEASON.

Fun day yesterday watching the games.

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #130 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of picks, I was 3 - 0. I'm giving plays away for free!
biggrin.gif

I noticed that. Glad I didn't bet because I would have picked the Sooners. We had a good win over A&M. Wish it was an A&M team as good as they were in the 70's. But I guess a win is a win. Best game of the day was the last 3 minutes of LSU - Georgia. Gotta love them Bayou Bengals. Next week against the Gators is ghoing to be a hell of a game I hope.

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #131 of 1,108
I'm surprised Miami managed to beat OU, especially considering how horrible they were when we played them at home last week. At any rate, it certainly makes us look better!

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #132 of 1,108
Top 10 impressions

Alabama 38, Kentucky 20
Another impressive win, Crimson Tide are team to beat this year, if they go unbeaten through SEC schedule who can beat them?

LSU 20, Georgia 13
Tigers better not wait till last 2 minutes of the game to score next week against the gators, offense needs much work

Va Tech 35, Duke 26
Hokies have target on thier back and every team is sky high to play them,
should have been easier but like all great teams they won in the end

USC 30, Cal 3
QB situation finally getting under control for Trojans with predictable results, Cal was a speed bump

Miami 21, Oklahoma 20
Nice bounce back from devastating loss last week "u" still in the hunt for now, Sooner 2nd loss is nail in the coffin for BCS hopes.....always next year

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #133 of 1,108
I'm going to slobber on LSU a bit. That is the best looking team in college football. Off the bus, they're undefeated. The rest of the SEC should be thankful Perriloux turned out to be a head case. Then again, I have wondered whether Les has too many toys on the box. Their offense would appear to lose focus often. Shepherd is going to be a stud, yet I have never been a big fan of shuffling QB's. The guy is a good enough athlete to slot into plays without trotting off Jefferson.

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #134 of 1,108
Hmmmm...I am not sold on LSU. At all. They don't rank any higher than 62nd nationally in any Offensive category. Yes, they are #17 nationally in scoring defense, and 13th against the pass, but they have to play better on offense before I am going to put them in the same class as Alabama, who is 14th in total offense and 2nd in total defense - now THAT is impressive.

In fact, I think LSU will lose 3 of its next 4 - I like UF, 'Bama, *and* Auburn over the Bayou Bengals.

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #135 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmmm...I am not sold on LSU. At all. They don't rank any higher than 62nd nationally in any Offensive category. Yes, they are #17 nationally in scoring defense, and 13th against the pass, but they have to play better on offense before I am going to put them in the same class as Alabama, who is 14th in total offense and 2nd in total defense - now THAT is impressive.

In fact, I think LSU will lose 3 of its next 4 - I like UF, 'Bama, *and* Auburn over the Bayou Bengals.

I can see UF and Bama beating them but no way on the Auburn. What a lot of people don't realize is that more often than not ratings and statistics don't mean a whole lot in the SEC. LSU is one of those teams that can go on tear and win when they shouldn't then turn around and not win when they should. I know this describes a lot of teams but LSU is strating to do this on a regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back