2009 College Football Thread
Dec 1, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #646 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. How quickly they forget what an athletic cesspool Florida State was before he got there.

Nobody has forgotten anything.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #647 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody has forgotten anything.
rolleyes.gif

No, you just had a smiley orgasm because a living legend is leaving your school. He should be given a blank check for a contract and a handshake once a year. Don't tell me for a half second that he wasn't pressured to resign.

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #649 of 1,108
Quote:

Apparently you missed the other sad smileys.

So you're schizophrenic at best and disrespectful of a great coach at worst. This was a sad, sad day for college football.

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #650 of 1,108
Quote:

So you're schizophrenic at best and disrespectful of a great coach at worst. This was a sad, sad day for college football.

It is utterly amazing that you drew that conclusion from four emoticons. Just trust me when I say that is a complete mischaracterization of me and my thoughts about this. I am extremely sad that it ended this way, but I'm also excited for our future, which is completely independent of coach Bowden's situation.

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #651 of 1,108
Anyway- if you all will indulge me for a second, here are a few of my favorite photos of coach Bowden.
BB2.jpg

With sons Tommy, Jeff, Terry.
BB3.jpg

Notice a certain coach that curently resides in Athens, GA cutting his teeth as a Graduate Assistant under coach Bowden.
BB7.jpg

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #654 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well shoot, I had a hunch SA Nole would be around this thread again. If you don't disappear, why not say something about Bowden or maybe what you think of Jimbo?

I've gotten the chance to meet coach Bowden a few times. He has this image of classic southern charm and that is completely genuine. I love the man and it really bothers me when so many people make the assumption that the FSU fanbase (and me as a result) doesn't appreciate what he has done or somehow disrespects him. It just isn't true.

I was fully on board with the scenario presented to him to allow him to come back. But in reality, for reasons that people outside the program are completely unaware of, it was a good thing that he decided he didn't want to do that.

And I'm very bullish on Jimbo Fisher. He's a charismatic, energetic guy and he's a relentless worker that loves recruiting. And it took a little bit, but he's proving it on the field, this offense has made huge strides. It's most obvious with the massive improvement of Christian Ponder. If he makes the right hires, I think he has what it takes.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #655 of 1,108
Quote:

I was fully on board with the scenario presented to him to allow him to come back. But in reality, for reasons that people outside the program are completely unaware of, it was a good thing that he decided he didn't want to do that.

I see where you're coming from. Kind of like when we finally got rid of Frank Broyles. You respect what he has done for the program and remember the good old days. You wish only the best for them but it is time for them to go. Good luck with your new coach. Looks like he will be a good one.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #656 of 1,108
Quote:

I've gotten the chance to meet coach Bowden a few times. He has this image of classic southern charm and that is completely genuine. I love the man and it really bothers me when so many people make the assumption that the FSU fanbase (and me as a result) doesn't appreciate what he has done or somehow disrespects him. It just isn't true.

Last comment on this subject, but in your case, it was pretty safe to assume you didn't appreciate it, SA. Glad to hear to the contrary, though. Just as it was not too many years ago that the Penn State fanbase was talking about JoePa's retirement, when I hear things from fanbases about egos and hurting the program and too proud to admit failure...I just think of what these programs would likely be without Bowden or JoePa.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #657 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see where you're coming from. Kind of like when we finally got rid of Frank Broyles. You respect what he has done for the program and remember the good old days. You wish only the best for them but it is time for them to go. Good luck with your new coach. Looks like he will be a good one.

Now that is one polarizing figure in UA athletics, Ronnielee. I have seen the ground spit upon many times after that name was mentioned.
atsmile.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #658 of 1,108
Quote:

Now that is one polarizing figure in UA athletics, Ronnielee. I have seen the ground spit upon many times after that name was mentioned.
atsmile.gif

He did a lot of good and a lot of bad for the program. Definitely more good than bad, but in the end the bad was starting to overshadow the good. He was for sure the man in charge and at times answered to no one. He is still up on the hill (no longer AD, but still there) and no telling how much power he still has.

Dec 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #659 of 1,108
^ Hey Hog, OU has sucked in B-Ball thus far btw. The subject was changed so I forgot to mention it. Tonight should be competitive, in two middling teams kind of way.

Quote:

I've gotten the chance to meet coach Bowden a few times. He has this image of classic southern charm and that is completely genuine..

Well put, that is my image of him although I've never been lucky enough to meet the man. If you're still around LMK later should the plan be to still make the game next year. You're welcome at our spot, well as long as you aren't one of "those" kind of visiting fans, if you know want I mean.

Dec 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #660 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Hey Hog, OU has sucked in B-Ball thus far btw. The subject was changed so I forgot to mention it. Tonight should be competitive, in two middling teams kind of way.

Oh well, there is always track and womens gymnastics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back