2009 College Football Thread
Dec 2, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #676 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely seems like the right move especially since Heath is in some hot water down in Tampa.

Heath was just to nice of a guy when he was at Arkansas. Not enough discipline.

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #677 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My bad, I was looking at womens side of schedule. Got to get new glasses someday.

Speaking of women's basketball, I'm sure you're aware of where the Lady Razobacks will be Saturday?

From my side, it was a good game last night. One of the better the Sooners have played. They're awfully young. The starting lineup has included as many as three true frosh this year. On the other hand, they're awfully talented with three McD AA's on the squad. Still, they have to be more consistent defensively to have any hope this year in the Big 12.

My favorite Hog is Rotnei Clark for obvious reasons. Beside him, Powell was a nice player. Too bad he was in foul trouble. BTW, the King (Barry Switzer) and Keith Jackson (AA TE, Pro Bowler), both originally from Arkansas, were there.

--

Big game on the gridiron tonight. Who's the pick? I'm leaning toward OrSU. That's a hedge. If I feel more confident, I"ll make the pick with balls.

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #678 of 1,108
I think the Ducks will get it done. It's a perplexing matchup - the Beavs are horrid against the pass, but the Ducks are not really a passing offense. OSU has good stats against the run, but is that because they are actually good against it, or because they can't cover anyone? I'm not sure - haven't seen them enough. But from what I have seen, the Ducks are better balanced overall.

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #679 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favorite Hog is Rotnei Clark for obvious reasons.

His niftily-spelled first name?
floatsmile.png

That guy was a gnat last year. He ran curls around picks all game long for open jumpers. Very hard to cover.

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #680 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Ducks will get it done. It's a perplexing matchup - the Beavs are horrid against the pass, but the Ducks are not really a passing offense. OSU has good stats against the run, but is that because they are actually good against it, or because they can't cover anyone? I'm not sure - haven't seen them enough. But from what I have seen, the Ducks are better balanced overall.

Masoli is a gamechanger. That kid is just insanely good. His knee holding up?

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #681 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also like Oregon to beat Oregon St.......

Beavers have had an easy schedule previous three games, Ducks are battle tested with tough win at Arizona last week. Running QBs like Masoli are very hard to defend (he has 600+ yds rushing) especially when combined with strong RB like Ducks have and potent pass game

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #682 of 1,108
Quote:

Big game on the gridiron tonight. Who's the pick? I'm leaning toward OrSU. That's a hedge. If I feel more confident, I"ll make the pick with balls.

I'm betting OSU to cover, but I'll take Oregon to win. OSU has been good on the road this year, and they have a pretty solid qb that can keep them in it if it turns to a shootout. But it is amazing how much Oregon's offensive line has improved since that first game, so I actually think they will open up some running lanes for James and Masoli. So I'm thinking...

Ducks 34 Beavers 27

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #683 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm betting OSU to cover, but I'll take Oregon to win. OSU has been good on the road this year, and they have a pretty solid qb that can keep them in it if it turns to a shootout. But it is amazing how much Oregon's offensive line has improved since that first game, so I actually think they will open up some running lanes for James and Masoli. So I'm thinking...

Ducks 34 Beavers 27

Oregon averages 37 ppg, and OSU 32 ppg. I'm thinking more like Ducks 42, Beavers 35. Small difference, but I think we'll see a lot of scoring.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #684 of 1,108
Saturday game times line up nicely for complete day of games:

12 noon Cincy vs Pitt

4 PM Gators vs Bama

8 PM Texas vs Nebraska

How about some picks for these games guys...........

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #685 of 1,108
Yes, on this final regular season weekend, we get some great games.

I'm going as follows:

* Cincy 35 Pitt 21 - bloom is off the rose for Pitt after loss to WVA

* 'Bama 28 FLA 21 - I've said 'Bama was better all year, and I haven't changed my mind, in spite of the scare at Auburn.

* Texas 28, Nebraska 10 - and that's being kind to the Huskers - they couldn't even top Iowa State...no way can they hang with the Longhorns...and they can't score like A&M.

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #686 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saturday game times line up nicely for complete day of games:

12 noon Cincy vs Pitt

4 PM Gators vs Bama

8 PM Texas vs Nebraska

How about some picks for these games guys...........

Bama 100 Crocs 0

Please please please.

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #687 of 1,108
Quote:

Speaking of women's basketball, I'm sure you're aware of where the Lady Razobacks will be Saturday?

They are actually better (7-1) than the men. Just read that this is our worst 7 game start (2-5) since the 71-72 season. It ain't gonna get better till we get everybody well and off suspension. Oh well, like I said earlier, there is always track and womens gymnastics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back