2007 Annual Head-fi Gift Exchange! (SIGN UP RIGHT NOW!)
Nov 28, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #47 of 125
Me Wants!
I think I can ONLY ship worldwide. haha.

Nov 28, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #49 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
totally off topic: but your sig is upside down!

biggrin.gif
hehe
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #50 of 125
Whoopsie, I sent a PM instead. I'm in! Anyone from the cayman interested in an 8track + vinyl + cassette + cd exchange?

Nov 28, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #51 of 125
I'm in. I will ship Con-US only. I would prefer to send new, the local used CD shop doesn't have much of a selection.

Nov 28, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #52 of 125
I'm not really Xmas minded but this one I'll join. In order to spread this love I will definitely ship worldwide
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #55 of 125
I'm in, I have some cd's and vinyl to send. ConUS preferred, but I'll splurge for our international members
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #59 of 125
Wow cool idea! Can't believe I missed this last year...

Recently got a CD that I don't like but that has received glowing reviews. Maybe someone else will like it more than I did!
smily_headphones1.gif

Count me in! And willing to ship worldwide.

Nov 29, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #60 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently got a CD that I don't like but that has received glowing reviews. Maybe someone else will like it more than I did!
smily_headphones1.gif

You may notice that I've been around here for a while and have participated in more than a few of these exchanges. I think, however, that at present there may be some general misunderstandings as to the basic spirit and principles of the "Head-Fi Holiday (used to be Christmas) CD Exchange". As Zanth and others have already expressed, this is not where you get rid of your losers CDs. Rather, the idea here is actually to practice your "gift giving" skills much more than your "gift receiving" skills. "Gift receiving" skills will be practiced in the yet-to-be-started "2007 Whatdidyaget?" thread.
biggrin.gif

Successful gift giving in the past has entailed figuring out your exchange partner's tastes in music (once Zanth gets us partnered up) from their express preferences in their profiles and from their posts as to music they like. The successful giver then compares these tastes with their own preferences in music, engages a little musical knowledge and research, maybe even communicates a little with their exchange partner, and voila!; not the CD your maiden great-aunt would have picked out for you.

So let's not talk about shipping off our used CD dogs; at the very least you should be considering a new sealed copy of a timeless musical delight you have discovered. And let's not talk about "striking it rich"; expectations of getting more than you give = immature greed. It really is better to (successfully) give than it is to receive. And finally, don't sign up just to stiff your exchange partner; we will flame you into some other galaxy.
eek.gif

BTW, Merry Christmas.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back