2006 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 2, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #46 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan

Borat, how many games did you watch the Pistons play this season? Now, how many games did you watch the Lakers play? If they were so entertaining, why did you watch less pistons games? If you watch more Pistons games than Lakers game, then you're beyond me...

Now that's not fair, Andy. I'm in SoCal and a Laker fan so I'm going to be able to watch the Lakers more than the Pistons. Besides, it's not one or the other, I can watch Laker games as a fan of the team and still appreciate what the Pistons do on the court from a basketball fan perspective. And even die hard Laker fans have to admit that at times they have been painful to watch this season.

I just don't consider the Pistons to be a particularly "boring" team. If you like dunks and "crazy moves" then Tayshaun Prince and Ben Wallace can provide that.

May 2, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #47 of 158
lol mark, didn't mean to make you mad or anything. I just love arguing about sports. I think it's what makes it so great and fun.

Women have their gossips, we have our sports. (please don't jump on me for being sexes or anything, it's a joke)

May 2, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #48 of 158
Quote:

lol mark, didn't mean to make you mad or anything. I just love arguing about sports. I think it's what makes it so great and fun.

mad.gif
icon10.gif

Hahah. I'm not mad, dude. I love debating about sports, too. This is the most active I've been in a thread in a while.

Anyway, let's get back to the topic. I can't believe I lived to see the day the Clippers would win a playoff series. They've been the most embarrasing franchise in professional sports for as long as I can remember.

May 2, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #49 of 158
Damn I wish I have some clippers vs lakers game tickets. As of now, it looks that we will finally have a "freeway series". Man, you can't be a Kobe hater after watching him play against the Suns this playoff series. He passes the ball so well, and leads the team in assists right now.

In the past, Kobe was searching for greatest in the NBA playoffs by looking to score. This season, he leads the team in assists; and greatest found him.

-qoute from a LA-Times sports writer, I just thought it was a cool the way he put it =)

May 2, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #50 of 158
Quote:

Damn I wish I have some clippers vs lakers game tickets. As of now, it looks that we will finally have a "freeway series".

It's actually the "hallway series" because they play in the same building and their locker rooms are only separated by a hallway. The "freeway series" is in baseball between the Dodgers and the Angels.
icon10.gif

And I'm not counting the Suns out just yet. It ain't over until it's over.

May 2, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #51 of 158
Quote:

In the NBA, they have slam dunk contest and it is one of the most popular events of the all star game. Do they have a defense contest? Nope.

this one is funny. defense contest
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 2, 2006 at 8:03 AM Post #52 of 158
Quote:

Kobe Bryant at the age of 21 was titled the future MJ in the NBA. What about Lebron or Wade? Has anybody bring their names next to MJ's? Hellz no, why? because they are not in the same league as MJ, but Kobe is.

a matter of fact, it did for Lebron James when he first entered the NBA. In the newspaper, they stated that he would be the next MJ, not Michael Jordan but Magic Johnson
very_evil_smiley.gif

I do think that Kobe is one of the best player in the league, however, i think that he isnt necessarily better than, say, Lebron in a way...

May 2, 2006 at 9:56 AM Post #53 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep
a matter of fact, it did for Lebron James when he first entered the NBA. In the newspaper, they stated that he would be the next MJ, not Michael Jordan but Magic Johnson
very_evil_smiley.gif

I do think that Kobe is one of the best player in the league, however, i think that he isnt necessarily better than, say, Lebron in a way...

They're from LA...what do you expect?
rolleyes.gif

A Clippers vs. Lakers series would be interesting...I suspect that the Lakers would win, given their recent (if unexpected) interest in defense and the Clippers' somewhat lackluster finish with the Nuggets.

Be warned: the Clippers might have some serious issues with Kobe on the perimeter.

-Matt

May 5, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #54 of 158
How about that Raja Bell/Kobe beef? Sucks Lakers gave up momentum in game 5 but I hope they can close it out tonight in LA without Bell there to guard Kobe. Then again Barbosa might get hot and make up for Bell's absense on defense. I have a lot of respect for Barbosa on the break. Mostly I just hope they win cause I have my last final tomorrow and do not want to study on a loss. God I hate that. Suns are just too depleted. Hopefully. Maybe.

Also how about the Wizards' horrible defense. Giving up baseline against LeBron and then not fouling and at least forcing free throws. Lordy...

May 5, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #55 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
Also how about the Wizards' horrible defense. Giving up baseline against LeBron and then not fouling and at least forcing free throws. Lordy...

LeBron was awesome, but wow, the Wizards were totally inept there. How about them not even calling one of their timeouts to advance the ball to midcourt with 0.9 seconds left? That's plenty of time to catch and shoot to win the game. They panicked big time. It's going to be tough to come back from that I would think.

Lakers have a lot of work to do even with Bell out. They were thoroughly outplayed in the second half of Game 5. Every game you don't know which Lakers will show up because they are so young and inexperienced. Offense has been fine for the most part, shooting nearly 50%, but they miss defensive assignments and get caught up on switches too easily. Also need to take care of those turnovers because the Suns will capitalize on those every time down the floor.

May 5, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #56 of 158
Argh...

May 5, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #57 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
And I'm not counting the Suns out just yet. It ain't over until it's over.

I was afraid of this. The Laker role players that were playing out of their minds in the early in the series have come back down to Earth. Offense is the only area that isn't suffering for either team because the defense is so bad for both teams. But foul trouble and turnovers for the Lakers are killing them.

And the Lakers had a brain fart almost as bad as the Wizards last night on that last 3 by Thomas. Wow was that dumb.

May 5, 2006 at 9:06 AM Post #58 of 158
Booyah! Suns beat the Lakers 126-118. Can the Lakers handle a game 7 in the heat of Phoenix? I don't thinks so.

May 5, 2006 at 9:21 AM Post #60 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
Booyah! Suns beat the Lakers 126-118. Can the Lakers handle a game 7 in the heat of Phoenix? I don't thinks so.

I guess we will have to see whether it will be a Suns v.s. Lakers or Suns v.s. Kobe for the Game 7
wink.gif

And the sight of Raja Bell is going to motivate Kobe, and trust me, Raja is going feel the heat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back