2006 MLB Playoffs Thread
Oct 4, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #32 of 120
hah, yea i am, i'm going to game 2 also... sitting on 1st baseline 5th rowf or that one... that ticket cost me a bit though.

atleast game 1 is af reebie ; )

Oct 4, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #33 of 120
But who's gonna pitch?
blink.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:05 AM Post #36 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
But who's gonna pitch?
blink.gif

Ugghhh.... exactly. I was just accepting the fact that we were down to three real starters, but to be down to two, and missing the one with the best post-season experience?

You can't win in the post-season without pitching.
mad.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:15 AM Post #37 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Go Mr. October! Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff from Jeter tonight. The lineup looked amazing. 9 all-stars w/ A-rod batting 6th and Cano batting 9th. If pitching holds up even moderately, I don't see anyone slowing these guys down.

Oct 4, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #39 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
maine.

yep, the mets are gonna lose first round.

....this is white space...

yea right, get real guys. THE METS FREAKING RULE!

Which part of your post is sarcastic? I mean, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you've got to admit there is a big problem here. Maine has very little big league experience and no post-season experience. Similar story for Perez. Glavine and Trachsel have both been spotty this year. I love the Mets offense, but I'm figuring we have to score at least 5-6 runs per game consistently to overcome the pitching deficiency. Maybe the bullpen can take over early in the games, but we'd still have to keep scoring alot....

Oct 4, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #41 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
I love the Mets offense, but I'm figuring we have to score at least 5-6 runs per game consistently to overcome the pitching deficiency. Maybe the bullpen can take over early in the games, but we'd still have to keep scoring alot....

I honestly don't see why this can't happen. No NL team has more than one starter that can really hold the Mets down, LA's best is Penny who the mets kill and he's coming off injury, the Cards have Carpenter who's going to be tired after the NLDS if they win and he can only pitch so many games, not to mention how bad their bullpen is right now (any team with Braden Looper on it is going nowhere), and the Padres have an overrated starter in Peavy and the most overrated pitcher ever in Trevor Hoffman. Our bullpen is great and much better than these other teams' other than possibly the Dodgers who's bullpen I know nothing about. I'm not going to enjoy the Oliver Perez start though...
mad.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #42 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
I honestly don't see why this can't happen. No NL team has more than one starter that can really hold the Mets down, LA's best is Penny who the mets kill and he's coming off injury, the Cards have Carpenter who's going to be tired after the NLDS if they win and he can only pitch so many games, not to mention how bad their bullpen is right now (any team with Braden Looper on it is going nowhere), and the Padres have an overrated starter in Peavy and the most overrated pitcher ever in Trevor Hoffman. Our bullpen is great and much better than these other teams' other than possibly the Dodgers who's bullpen I know nothing about. I'm not going to enjoy the Oliver Perez start though...
mad.gif

I would have said our offense was unstoppable too, except the slump in late-September scared me a bit (I do realize a lot of that was due to bench players getting starts).

Perez is a true "wild-card" (pun intended). I remember one game this year (? his first start with the Mets) when he pitched 5 or 6 awesome innings - only a couple of hits and a bunch of K's. But then, he's also been knocked out of games pretty easily. He kind of reminds me of a young Nolan Ryan - alot of potential, but not enough control.

I guess it may all end up with the bullpen...

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #43 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
I would have said our offense was unstoppable too, except the slump in late-September scared me a bit (I do realize a lot of that was due to bench players getting starts).

Perez is a true "wild-card" (pun intended). I remember one game this year (? his first start with the Mets) when he pitched 5 or 6 awesome innings - only a couple of hits and a bunch of K's. But then, he's also been knocked out of games pretty easily. He kind of reminds me of a young Nolan Ryan - alot of potential, but not enough control.

I guess it may all end up with the bullpen...

He did have a complete game shutout too recently, but I'm not depending on him for anything.

Heilman time!
biggrin.gif

When you think about it Nolan Ryan was pretty much like that all his career, he only won twenty games once or twice, he just had 300 wins because he played 27 seasons or so.
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #45 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Mets won, whew..

argh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back