2006 MLB Playoffs Thread
Oct 2, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #16 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf
and the Padres kill NYM in three.

Ha!

sure... and Piazza throws out Reyes.
biggrin.gif

We might even see Delgado steal a base or two in that series.

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #17 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampersand
Ha!

sure... and Piazza throws out Reyes.
biggrin.gif

We might even see Delgado steal a base or two in that series.

See? Now THAT is a series I'd pay to see!

Oct 2, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 120
I can't believe the Tigers handed over first place by getting swept this weekend. The last game was painful to watch. Not a good sign for the playoffs
frown.gif

The only thing good about playing the Yankees early is getting it out of they way right off the bat (no pun intended). If they had gone to Oakland, most likely (if they won) they would have met the Yankees later on anyway. And the Yankees would have a full head of steam by then.

Oct 2, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #20 of 120
Yankees all the way. They are rested, their line up is jacked and they have decent pitching and the best closer. They will have a current or past All Star at every position. Yeah we still have to play the games but I think #27 is coming this year. As for a National League team winning it all? not going to happen. The Mets have the a good line up but their pitching is suspect without Pedro in the rotation.

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #21 of 120
I'm a big Cardinals fan. And considering the streaky nature of their season I would say they have a good chance to get pretty far in this thing. They lost 9 of their last 12... they're do for a hefty winning streak.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #22 of 120
I'm bummed the Twins and A's have to play in the first round. I would have liked to see them in the ALCS. Remember that pitching wins in the playoffs and the Twins and A's have the best hurlers. Yankees have a decent shot if they can get some pitching from their starters, that offense is beastly. I'm not sure what to make of the NL- Cards backed in, the 2 NL west teams are unspectacular, and the Mets really have no pitching now that Pedro is out. I lean towards the Dodgers since they seem to be the most balanced team. It'll be another AL champ for sure though. I'm thinkin the Twinkies will take it.

Oct 3, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #23 of 120
Why is everyone so down on the Mets without Pedro? They basically didn't have him for the whole year and did pretty well for themselves. John Maine is great and El Duque and Glavine are no slouches either.

Oct 3, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #24 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Why is everyone so down on the Mets without Pedro? They basically didn't have him for the whole year and did pretty well for themselves. John Maine is great and El Duque and Glavine are no slouches either.

The mets were in a slight slump recently, yet which team hasn't been in a slump? I'd like to just remind everyone the mets have the most wins in the national league, and winning games isn't only about starting pitchers, that's not what makes up a team. The 86 mets had great pitching, the 2006 has arguably the best offense in baseball this year. They also have the best bullpen, and the most potential mvp's on a single team. They have alot of great things that makes them a serious threat to any team going for the pennant this year. Don't sleep on the mets, gotta respect them.

Oct 3, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #25 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
The mets were in a slight slump recently

It should be clarified that after they clinched, the mets starting line up was full of bench players and AAA call-ups. Obviously, this led to a lot of losses. I know Willie was trying to rest everyone before the postseason, but i would have liked to see them win 100 games.

Oct 3, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #26 of 120
Quote:

I can't believe the Tigers handed over first place by getting swept this weekend.

After the Pistons and the Redwings this year, I wasn't surprised a bit
smily_headphones1.gif
Par for the course for Detroit.

Oct 3, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #27 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
After the Pistons and the Redwings this year, I wasn't surprised a bit
smily_headphones1.gif
Par for the course for Detroit.

It ain't over till it's over! [size=xx-small](but after the last week or two...)[/size]

Oct 3, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #29 of 120
Damnit, another one I didn't think all the way through. Gonna miss Wednesday's game as I have tickets for "La Gioconda" at the Met. Guess I'll have to keep track of things on my cell phone......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back