2006 Head-fi National Meet-April 22nd/23rd
Sep 24, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #286 of 295
Quote:

Now for those that want to stay a bit longer and have a mini NYC vacation, what's to do around the area near the Hotel? Or perhaps save that discussion for the finalized Meet thread?

a better question would be "how will I ever find the time to do all the things I want to in a limited amount of time"

N.Y does not lack for things to do and maybe if you are locked into going check the area concerts for that weekend or maybe take in a show.Sporting events,great museums and art galleries,great eateries,shopping,tourist traps...all there man

Bring an open mind and a lot of loot and you will not be bored
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #287 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I have reserved a block of 50 rooms in the hotel, where the meet is, and people will have up to 30 days before the meet to book a room.
The normal price is $145.00 for a room, but Head-Fier's will get a group rate of $115.00 and that will have double beds that can be shared by two, or if you're sneaky, more people.

The hotel rooms have one double bed? Icy006 and I would like to share a room to save costs, but not a bed. Also, do you have rooms reserved for both friday and saturday night?

Sep 26, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #288 of 295
Hi Jar...
The rooms each have 2 double beds each (none of that foot to head sleeping stuff. or pillows down the middle
biggrin.gif
).
And...as long as you reserve before the 30 day deadline, they will honor for both Friday and Saturday nights. However, just to be sure, as time progesses, and by January, if you guys are definitely know you're coming, I would lock down the 2 nights, not to take any chances.

New thread starting soon...be on the lookout.

Sep 26, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #290 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
We should have regional threads for organizing group travel too.

Excellent idea. If we have 250 people come to the meet and they all post twice in the new thread, that's going to be a minimum of 500 posts. Splinter threads might work out well.

Can you guys (and gals) imagine what the "Meet Impressions Thread" after the meet is going to look like?
eek.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #291 of 295
Quote:

Excellent idea. If we have 250 people come to the meet and they all post twice in the new thread, that's going to be a minimum of 500 posts. Splinter threads might work out well.

Aaron, I'd suggest that you reserve space in your initial post for an "index" that links out to any of the splinter threads concerning the meet, be they about organizing it, car pooling, things to do while in New York, or whatever.

Sep 26, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #292 of 295
If it's OK with Jahn, I am going to ask him to be in charge of one thread that keeps tabs of splinter threads, with hyperlinks, and another thread with attendees and equipment lists. He did an excellent job of it at the NYC Spring meet...in color yet.
cool.gif
(schmooze....schmooze)!

It should be reserved on the first page, along with pertinent info, but not in the first post...it is already going to be chock full.

I'm waiting on one important thing, before staring the new thread, with the last thread linking to it, before closing it. It's going to bring a tear to everyone's eye (the important thing, not the closing of the thread
icon10.gif
.) This thread was one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

Thanks, Wayne.

Sep 26, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #293 of 295
Quote:

If it's OK with Jahn, I am going to ask him to be in charge of one thread that keeps tabs of splinter threads, with hyperlinks, and another thread with attendees and equipment lists. He did an excellent job of it at the NYC Spring meet...in color yet.
cool.gif
(schmooze....schmooze)!

It should be reserved on the first page, along with pertinent info, but not in the first post...it is already going to be chock full.

I'm waiting on one important thing, before staring the new thread, with the last thread linking to it, before closing it. It's going to bring a tear to everyone's eye (the important thing, not the closing of the thread
icon10.gif
.) This thread was one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

Thanks, Wayne.

I'm down with that!

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:40 AM Post #294 of 295
looks like it is going to be amazing meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back