2006 Head-fi National Meet-April 22nd/23rd
Sep 23, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #271 of 295
Bayside it is, Aaron - awesome job, and room rates seem Head-Fi friendly (as long as I don't have to bunk with Wayne
eek.gif

One very important loose end, though - is there a breakfast joint that serves large, no make that gigantic, portions of eggs to keep our man, Ray happy?

Sep 23, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #272 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Bayside it is, Aaron - awesome job, and room rates seem Head-Fi friendly (as long as I don't have to bunk with Wayne
eek.gif

What movie was that way back when, "Planes, Trains and Audomobiles"? where John Candy wakes and says something about how comfortable the pillows are, and Steve Martin jumps out of bed and yells, "Those aren't pillows!" to which John Candy replies as he's yawning and stretching, "Hey, how 'bout those Bears!" (referring to the Chicago Bears).

Quote:

One very important loose end, though - is there a breakfast joint that serves large, no make that gigantic, portions of eggs to keep our man, Ray happy?

No breakfast table in the world is large enough to contain all of the eggs that Ray puts down for breakfast!

Sep 23, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #273 of 295
Oops... I'm a dumbass.
redface.gif

Sep 23, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #274 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Oops... I'm a dumbass.
redface.gif

Just come, and that will make up for it
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #275 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Ok can i please be the 1st one to suggest a meeting at Penn Station for everyone who is going? We can all meet up and go there together. This way we all be there at the same time and less chance of getting lost for people like me who never took LIRR before.
cool.gif

Heh, another mini-meet on the train eh?

immtbiker great job, this looks like it's gonna be a fantastic meet. venue sounds extremely promising.

Best,

-Jason

Sep 24, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #276 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Heh, another mini-meet on the train eh?

sure why not!

Sep 24, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #277 of 295
Immitybickker is The Man.
icon10.gif

Mapramanda.png

Manhattan is that little finger to the left. This hotel is in Queens. I smell Train Trip!
cool.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #279 of 295
Using the zoom feature (of course this means nothing to non-region attendees, but I will give detailed directions as we get closer):

Ramada.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #280 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Edwood...did you read post #239, where I stated that the conference center that we might have the meet at will give us a group rate, and that I am trying to get manufacturers to defray some of the costs? Just in case it was missed...here is an excerpt:

Wouldn't you know it, that would be the one post out of 279 I missed.

For the benefit of others that have not followed every single post in this thread, how about updates to the first post of this thread? Will help to reduce redundant post like mine.
wink.gif

Nice job on the organizing so far. FWIW, looks like you have it a bit cheaper than rates at Vegas Hotels.

Now for those that want to stay a bit longer and have a mini NYC vacation, what's to do around the area near the Hotel? Or perhaps save that discussion for the finalized Meet thread?

-Ed

Sep 24, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #281 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Just come, and that will make up for it.

Yessir... I might bring the Wife too. We've never been to NYC.
cool.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #282 of 295
I'm watching this thread closely... doubt very seriously I will bring any of my home gear along, but will probably bring the portable rig, as well as a full wallet to be emptied. Are you listening manufacturers??? A FULL WALLET!

not that we'll have a dearth of gear and mine will be missed
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 12:14 PM Post #284 of 295
immtbiker great job on getting a great location for the Event.

The bar is definately going to be raised , this meet will be one for the record books,See all of you at the extravaganza
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #285 of 295
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
im down for vegas if anyone from So-cal wants to try to get a carpool going like Ed suggested

I quess you will be having a mini-meet in Vegas,Since the meet is being held in NY.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back