200$ budget for portable audio rig
Jan 19, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #25 of 49

Quote:
alright. What about the complaints on the fit / cord? For ~180$ earbuds are these things top notch in quality? And what about the monster turbines?

The build quality is great. The cord isn't the BEST, but it's not bad. Sound quality blows away the Turbines. The Pro Golds/Coppers are a bit closer, but I still think the TF10s sound way better.

The only downside is the fit. They literally would not work for my ears, due to the huge size of the casing, so I just sent them off to get reshelled. That should say a lot - both that it doesn't fit everyone terribly well, AND that it still sounds so good that I was willing to invest another $150+ on a reshelling just to keep listening to them.

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #27 of 49
That's really their biggest issue, but remember, they fit just fine in plenty of people's ears. Just buy 'em from a place with a friendly return policy and see how they work for you.

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #28 of 49
TF10's build quality is top-notch. I would suggest however, that you invest in a modified westone ES cable, which is MUCH better. If fit is really an issue, an upgrade path would of course be remolding them into customs.

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #30 of 49

Quote:
Quote:
alright. What about the complaints on the fit / cord? For ~180$ earbuds are these things top notch in quality? And what about the monster turbines?

The build quality is great. The cord isn't the BEST, but it's not bad. Sound quality blows away the Turbines. The Pro Golds/Coppers are a bit closer, but I still think the TF10s sound way better.

The only downside is the fit. They literally would not work for my ears, due to the huge size of the casing, so I just sent them off to get reshelled. That should say a lot - both that it doesn't fit everyone terribly well, AND that it still sounds so good that I was willing to invest another $150+ on a reshelling just to keep listening to them.

100% agree, i had the original turbines before the tf10s, couldn't believe how amazing the TF10s are in comparison. night and day difference really. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back