200$ budget for portable audio rig
Jan 19, 2011 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

morizuno

New Head-Fier
Title pretty much says it all. I listen to all sorts of metal, and that's pretty much it.

This'll be my first true "audiophile" setup, apart from my hd555s and ad700s at my house.

I need earbuds since they are a lot lighter and just look nicer in public.

I've been considering a sansa fuze + RE0 combo. I only need 8gbs of space anyways.

I wanted to know what you guys think, if I can get the equipment from amazon.com that'll be prefered

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 49
You'll really dig the fuze and re0 setup.  I have a clip and re0, and sometimes I use a fiio e5 with them (for a little extra bass), but its not necessary.  Also, I use sony hybrids with the RE0's, so make sure you buy some comfy tips as well.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 49
that still leaves me w/ 60$ left with my budget. Is a portable amp worth it? I can spend more $$$ for one if it's worth it. I'd like to get as much life as this thing will provide being the price I'm paying for this set up. So if it'll last 2-3 years taken care pretty well, then I'll be happy

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #10 of 49
Generally, a portable amp cannot be considered *worth it*. You would generally get better value for money investing that $100 into a better IEM than the RE0. I strongly suggest getting the Fuze instead of the Clip+, while i love mine, navigating 100s of songs on the clip+ small screen is a pain.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #12 of 49
well, what IEMs would you recommend besides the RE0? 

If It matters, the music that I'll be using will be from the artist's retail CDs, so it'll be the highest  quality possible I guess 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back