$200 budget, BASS heavy IEM
Feb 5, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #16 of 26
The IE80's are good, but not what I was expecting. They fall short in the deep sub bass region. They have fantastic mid bass, but don't have a real strong low end. Don't get me wrong, they do extend nice and low, but the quantity of deep bass wasn't what I was expecting.

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #18 of 26
  How are the ie80's working out? I recently got the JVC fx-8350 from the forums for around 200, and they have the best bass I have experienced thus far on an iem. They are almost exclusively highly reviewed. Check them out if you get a chance!

Kind of funny that you brought this thread back up stating your experience with the JVC FX850's. Funny because I just ordered a pair of them for myself two days ago lol. Very excited to get them, should be here tomorrow.

One good thing I can say about the IE80's is their amazing soundstage. Largest I have ever heard in an IEM, and larger than many full size cans too. Very impressive.

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #20 of 26
XBA-40 if you are looking for deep sub-bass as well as a very rounded mid-bass. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #21 of 26
Maybe i am crazy or you guys just wsnt more bass but how come the ultimate ears triple fi 10 havent been mentioned i think they have a good ammount of bass no?

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #23 of 26
  Triple fi 10 would be great too but isnt it hard to find now?
Triple fi 10 would be great too but isnt it hard to find now?

yeah kinda, they can go for $200.00 but then they can go for more than that so it really depends. i paid $260.00 for mine but they had a custom cable on them, but around $200..00 is the going rate

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #24 of 26
  Kind of funny that you brought this thread back up stating your experience with the JVC FX850's. Funny because I just ordered a pair of them for myself two days ago lol. Very excited to get them, should be here tomorrow.

One good thing I can say about the IE80's is their amazing soundstage. Largest I have ever heard in an IEM, and larger than many full size cans too. Very impressive.

I think the 850's are in a different league - timbre is far superior to the IE80 - and don't get me started about the veil - you'll think you're in a harem.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #25 of 26
Recently, I have got a second hand T-Peos H300 and is very impressed with it. The bass quality is in a very different level. It has a bright sound signature and the sound clarity is amazing.  Even though is not a basshead level IEM, I prefer it over the other bassy IEMs I have tried like VB and FAD Adaigo 3. I find the bass is in right quantity and will satisfy most of the listeners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back