$20 for Music
Jan 11, 2010 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Judge Buff

500+ Head-Fier
If someone handed you $20 (or its equivalent in euros, pounds, whatever) and told you that you must spend it on music, what would you buy? Just $20, no more, no less.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 19
Do something productive for once. Go buy a tuner and some new strings and take up playing guitar again. Take the influence of all the music I love and turn it into something new and my own.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 19
Jan 11, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 19
Double post.
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #9 of 19
It's very coincidental that i'm currently in amazon looking to buy some new music(minus the $20 cap)

^TopPop, thanks for the first link. I knew I was forgetting a Ray LaMontagne album to check out.

As for the OP, it would be Grizzly Bear - Horn of Plenty and Black Keys - Rubber Factory. Both averaging about $9 for new.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by y3110w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^TopPop, thanks for the first link. I knew I was forgetting a Ray LaMontagne album to check out.

You're very welcome. The first link? That would be his first album, then... which is hands down his best, in my opinion. I dare say it is my favorite album of all time, and has been ever since I bought it on its release.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're very welcome. The first link? That would be his first album, then... which is hands down his best, in my opinion. I dare say it is my favorite album of all time, and has been ever since I bought it on its release.

Yeah, I have no idea how I missed it. Now, I really need to get it.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #12 of 19
I would buy a pair of tickets ($10 each) for myself and a friend to attend the Erik Friedlander solo concert at Lilypad next month.

Quote:

Cellist Erik Friedlander is back at the Lilypad performing the music from Vol. 8 of John Zorn's Book of Angels series: an intimate and breathtaking recital by one of the world’s most accomplished cellists. A vital member of the Masada family from the very beginning, Erik is stepping out in this special solo project which shows off his remarkable technique. Volac is Friedlander and Zorn at their best: rich, romantic, gripping music that will both challenge and soothe the savage beast.

Live acoustic music > *

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #13 of 19
I recently spent $16.48, which is much closer to $20 than I usually spend on a used CD, on "Almost Acoustic" by the Jerry Garcia Band.

Almost "Live acoustic music > *", but not quite
popcorn.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd hit a local junk store and pick up 10-15 LPs.

Definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back