**1ST REVIEW** CARDAS - AYRE ACOUSTICS (IBE) BURN-IN CD... Has anyone tried this???
Jan 15, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #61 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was talking about the ones that claim to raise MPG or reduce emissions. Next time, take the time to read my post before flaming me.

Next time maybe you should just not post misinformed drivel. Simply put, I don't think you know what you're talking about with regards to gas additives. It's not flaming, it's calling you out when you post misinformed or untrue statements.

gas additives largely function to change the combustion temperatures within the cylinder. There are many changes to both the volumetric efficiency, the exhaust temperatures and the composition of non-combusted exhaust "gases" as a result of changing the combustion temperatures. In many electronically controlled engines, the ECU will "see" these changes and use different fuel maps, which may lean out the engine (less gasoline injected into the cylinder), slightly increasing MPG, and changing the composition of the combusted "gases". Increasing the volumetric efficiency of the engine will, in fact, raise the MPG, too (more work done with the same amount of fuel), tho the amount is largely dependent on an engine's current state of tune (number of hours, maintenance cycle, etc). Many gas additives also contain chemicals which act as detergents (simple bases) which can remove/break down jellied gasoline or other gunk within the fuel delivery system, and on fuel injected vehicles, clean the injectors to some extent. All these things are beneficial to increasing the efficiency of the engine, and could quite feasibly increase the MPG, and/or change the composition of the exhaust.

Jan 16, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #62 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by yotacowboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next time maybe you should just not post misinformed drivel. Simply put, I don't think you know what you're talking about with regards to gas additives. It's not flaming, it's calling you out when you post misinformed or untrue statements.

gas additives largely function to change the combustion temperatures within the cylinder. There are many changes to both the volumetric efficiency, the exhaust temperatures and the composition of non-combusted exhaust "gases" as a result of changing the combustion temperatures. In many electronically controlled engines, the ECU will "see" these changes and use different fuel maps, which may lean out the engine (less gasoline injected into the cylinder), slightly increasing MPG, and changing the composition of the combusted "gases". Increasing the volumetric efficiency of the engine will, in fact, raise the MPG, too (more work done with the same amount of fuel), tho the amount is largely dependent on an engine's current state of tune (number of hours, maintenance cycle, etc). Many gas additives also contain chemicals which act as detergents (simple bases) which can remove/break down jellied gasoline or other gunk within the fuel delivery system, and on fuel injected vehicles, clean the injectors to some extent. All these things are beneficial to increasing the efficiency of the engine, and could quite feasibly increase the MPG, and/or change the composition of the exhaust.

CBC Marketplace: Platinum Fuel Injectors - News article disputing gas additive.
Appeal of P.S. Docket No. 10/1 -- JOEL ROBINSON d/b/a NATIONAL FUELSAVER CORPORATION - Appeal for the banning of the sale of a gas additive denied.
ABC News: Gas Savers: Myths and Secrets - A doohiky gas saver and the platinum thing mentioned above...Called BS, again.
Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view - Oh my, what is that? Another page refuting the above?
Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view - Another page from the above site, more specific to the kinds of gas additives I was trying to talk about.

I'm the one spreading misinformation?

Jan 16, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #63 of 89
With names like Cardas & Ayre on the cover of the cd, I really assumed at least one copy of the cd would have passed through at least of couple people's systems here. Looking forward to testing out my late X-mas presents from Sovkiller
biggrin.gif
!!! I will definitely check them out and post impressions. Couldn't hurt... what's the worst thing that could happen??? I play the demagnetizing track too loud and all the magnets fall off my refrigerator
eek.gif
... actually that would be pretty cool!!! I'd pay twenty bucks for a cd that could do that!!!

Jan 16, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #64 of 89
When I finish playing with them
rolleyes.gif
... I say anyone who wants to satisfy their curiosity (or skepticism) should be next on the mailing list. Whoever wants a shot at them just post and say so. We can just use the posting order as a list and when the next person finishes with them they can toss them in the mail to whoever is next.

Jan 16, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #65 of 89
Or, I could just forward them to SkyLab for a good checking out... seeing how he is the 'Reviewerus Prolificus'.

Jan 21, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #67 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by weeeeesquirrel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Came across this and wondered if anyone had taken one for the team and tried this out? I searched forums and was surprised nothing posted about it... anyone???

Product Link:
Musicdirect - CARDAS - AYRE ACOUSTICS (IBE) BURN-IN CD

I only have one thing to say.. I burn in all my stuff wicth Purple noise.. and its the best

Jan 21, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #68 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrScary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only have one thing to say.. I burn in all my stuff wicth Purple noise.. and its the best

Purple Noise??? Is that a Prince Album???
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #69 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a believer I'm an observer; an observer that can not explain why you think the way you do, when you say things that you just said. But you did say them did you not?
Now, if I couldn't read; is it now fact that you didn’t express you can’t hear some things?

Your CD3000's sound different then your UE9 do they not? Why do they sound different? Why does any thing sound different? Why do things smell different? Why are things different shapes?
Because there are laws for everything in existence, algorithms that determine reactions to actions (life).
If you change copper wire to play dough how can that not have a variant outcome?

This is such incredibly poor logic that it's pointless trying to refute it.

If you're going to have the audacity to charge as much for a set of cables as a new car, then I would hope you'd have a more rational argument than that.

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #70 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I download so I can burn myself a copy..>?
wink.gif

I would sign up on the list from squirrel, then rip and seed these out on the 'net but it's not worth the time or bandwidth
wink.gif

Granted, there are a couple of tracks that might be used along with some other tools to set up a system, but come on.. an 'out of phase' track so that you can drive your speakers louder without making too much noise???
The only thing you might do is play this puppy too loud and blow out a driver, an amp, or your ears.

ROFLMAO at this thread.
biggrin.gif

BTW...
you could do worse...
eek.gif

Spend $100 on this
Musicdirect - PURIST AUDIO ENHANCER CD REV-B

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #71 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If a developer doesn't even know how or why their product works, why the hell would you believe that it does? Because they said so?

Not commenting positively or negatively about the CD, the logic of your statement escapes me. We don't know how gravity works, but it does. We don't fully understand the how the human brain functions, but it does. The list goes on and on, in many, many fields of scientific exploration.

Perhaps, just perhaps, some products may work even though reason why is elusive.

The question here is simple. For those with direct experience with the Cardas/Ayre disk, does it work as represented or not?

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #72 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not commenting positively or negatively about the CD, the logic of your statement escapes me. We don't know how gravity works, but it does. We don't fully understand the how the human brain functions, but it does. The list goes on and on, in many, many fields of scientific exploration.

May I ask what logic scapes you? We are talking of a commercial product, and what you mentioned, the gravity and brain funtions, are not, and I hope that the "other many fields of scientific exploration" do not sell anything to you neither if they are not backing their claims, at least with something credible. If you are going to make profits out of something, IMO the less you can do, is at least make it credible...even if it is not...

Jan 27, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #73 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask what logic scapes you? We are talking of a commercial product, and what you mentioned, the gravity and brain funtions, are not, and I hope that the "other many fields of scientific exploration" do not sell anything to you neither if they are not backing their claims, at least with something credible. If you are going to make profits out of something, IMO the less you can do, is at least make it credible...even if it is not...

Your posts distract from the issue at hand - does the Cardas/Ayre CD perform as represented?

Yes, some commercial products do work, but the science behind them is not fully transparent.

With all due respect, broad, sweeping statements such as yours often fail the test of scrutiny. If you wish to engage in a cognitive discourse, root your statements in fact, not flapdoodle.

Jan 27, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #74 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your posts distract from the issue at hand - does the Cardas/Ayre CD perform as represented?

Yes, some commercial products do work, but the science behind them is not fully transparent.

With all due respect, broad, sweeping statements such as yours often fail the test of scrutiny. If you wish to engage in a cognitive discourse, root your statements in fact, not flapdoodle.

No they do not...period...they can't, and they in practice do not...

With all due respect, what you have to do is first read the whole thread, as apparently you have not, (and BTW your post make even less sense to everybody than mine as you are talking of things that are not related to this topic at all, and comparing apples to oranges) you will see that probably I'm one of the very few that do have tried this prdiuct, and not only thing one, Densen Demagic, the MDMS from Shefield labs, and many others in that same cathegory, that were even backed with a lot more scientific explanations, all of them, are IMO a load of BS...I even offered, and sent, the OP copies of some of them, free of charge, to try them and report back the results...

Jan 27, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #75 of 89
Yes Sov... enough with your flapdoodling
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

I guess some people are just more in-tuned to there surroundings, while others live there lives in a clueless slumber of numbness.
OMG! I've just discovered the true definition of intelligence.
eek.gif

BTW: I don't think gravity will ever be fully understood or explained, probably because it doesn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back