**1ST REVIEW** CARDAS - AYRE ACOUSTICS (IBE) BURN-IN CD... Has anyone tried this???
Jan 13, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #46 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by yotacowboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope!

Should I?

I've already come to the conclusion that you're going to post the same tired diatribe, no matter the topic, no matter the technology or gear in question. Am I wrong? Do you ever change your position?

My position is entirely dependent on the product in question.

Jan 13, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #47 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AFAIK, there are no gas additives that make you get more MPG or make your car run cleaner. In fact, they make it appear as if your car has worse MPG, as they displace potential gasoline, but your car would assume that additive was gas...I think you get where I'm going.
redface.gif

Read Consumer Reports much?

Jan 13, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #48 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What have you been smoking? What are you talking about????

The question was "CARDAS - AYRE ACOUSTICS (IBE) BURN-IN CD... Has anyone tried this"
The only one who has answered is Sovkiller.

What does this have to do with gas additives and cheap or expensive cars???

Because of posts like these:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And here we go again....
Another inexperienced kid telling us how things he's never tried can't work.

I don't need to try a gasoline additive to know that they don't do anything.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by yotacowboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read Consumer Reports much?

Not really, why? Is there one out there that somehow raises one's MPG?

Jan 13, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #49 of 89
Quote:

Edit:

Do you know anything about gas additives?
rolleyes.gif
gasoline displacement? What are you talking about?

Or is your understanding of internal combustion engines as cursory as your knowledge of audio? goodness, you're hopeless...

Jan 13, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #50 of 89
Quote:

AFAIK, there are no gas additives that make you get more MPG or make your car run cleaner. In fact, they make it appear as if your car has worse MPG, as they displace potential gasoline, but your car would assume that additive was gas...I think you get where I'm going.
redface.gif

There have been indeed reports in magazines, not sure if in Consumers Report, and I have read experiences and have heard some people who has observed improvements due to the use of some aditives, car stops hesitation, run smoother, some octane boosters actually "boost" your car, gas line antifreeze work also, water removal ones (alcohol based mainly) etc...but in the worst scenario what price are we talking about? The most expensive does not exceed $20.00 (going insane in prices of gas additives, mainly all of them cost around $1.00)

I personally avoid all those, and only use a better grade gas and period, but I do not see why we have to believe the audiophiles while they claim they ear differences between this and that, or by the use of this and that, and later on we doubt of the drivers that believe in gas additives...while gas aditives are more scientifically based, than other voodooish stuff we heard here a day...as those CDs for example, or the blocks, or the resonators, etc...just to mentions the most absurd ones to me...but there are a lot of others...

Jan 14, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #51 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do have tried them, and I have them here, and all of them are IMO snake oil, they do absolutelly nothing, period...

Adding an IMO to your post does not nullify such a bold claim. If you're color blind stop saying orange doesn't exist.

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #52 of 89
Quote:

Edit:

It's odvious you have never had a high performance muscle car with a big block motor that knocks and pings with regular or to a degree premium gasoline.

The only thing I found to stop the knock and ping was the gasoline additive "Octane Boost"

Also where I live and work we regularly use an additive called gasline antifreeze...it keeps any water in the tank from freezing in the lines

You might want to stick to topics you actually have knowledge about

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #53 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Adding an IMO to your post does not nullify such a bold claim. If you're color blind stop saying orange doesn't exist.

It is amazing how a believer mentality work, first they ask us the skeptics to try the things they believe in, then after we have tried them, and we found absolutely no differences, then we are color blind, or deaf, or crazy...then my question is why they need us top try them ? if in their opinions they will be always right, we will be always wrong, and there is no way to demonstrate them that they are wrong, as they have faith in what they believe (see that I say faith and in 99% of the cases they have absolutely no evidence to back their claims, same case as many others, Myrtle blocks, power cords, resonators, etc...) Just as an example take this particular case, IMO a total absurd as not even Cardas himself has been able to offer an explanation of how this work, but on top he still claims it works, and on top some other people also believe that...That is freaking unbelievable!!! After reading that statement he made, IMO who believe in that must be dumb!!!

Yep you are right probably I'm color blind, but we are not talking here of colors, and sorry to tell you that my hearing is perfect, want to bet? Also it is not a bold statement, it is a bold statement for myself, and in my opinion...period...have you tried them? IIRC none of the ones arguing have, Joe Cardas say that he doesn't know how this works neither so IMO it is not a matter of being color blind or not is a matter of common sense...

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #54 of 89
Seriously, burn-in for headphones has to be the easiest thing in the world to double blind. Buy two hi-fi headphones that people agree benefit from burnin (K701 first that comes into mind). Burn one in. Repackage. Have a friend swap and mark. Take it to a meet and see if people can identify the burned in one.

With the current delta between used and new K701 prices, this test would cost about $50. Really, someone should put their money where their mouth is at the national meet considering the debate burn-in provokes.

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #55 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, burn-in for headphones has to be the easiest thing in the world to double blind. Buy two hi-fi headphones that people agree benefit from burnin (K701 first that comes into mind). Burn one in. Repackage. Have a friend swap and mark. Take it to a meet and see if people can identify the burned in one.

With the current delta between used and new K701 prices, this test would cost about $50. Really, someone should put their money where their mouth is at the national meet considering the debate burn-in provokes.

I do not think that anybody will question the burn in in drivers, that has at least a physical expanation as we have pointed out many times, that is indeed IMO the only thing that really benefits from the burn in, but what we are questioning is the demagnetizing effect of these tracks, or in others...not the burn in part...

Jan 14, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #56 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is amazing how a believer mentality work, first they ask us the skeptics to try the things they believe in, then after we have tried them, and we found absolutely no differences, then we are color blind, or deaf, or crazy...then my question is why they need us top try them ? if in their opinions they will be always right, we will be always wrong, and there is no way to demonstrate them that they are wrong, as they have faith in what they believe (see that I say faith and in 99% of the cases they have absolutely no evidence to back their claims, same case as many others, Myrtle blocks, power cords, resonators, etc...) Just as an example take this particular case, IMO a total absurd as not even Cardas himself has been able to offer an explanation of how this work, but on top he still claims it works, and on top some other people also believe that...That is freaking unbelievable!!! After reading that statement he made, IMO who believe in that must be dumb!!!

Yep you are right probably I'm color blind, but we are not talking here of colors, and sorry to tell you that my hearing is perfect, want to bet? Also it is not a bold statement, it is a bold statement for myself, and in my opinion...period...have you tried them? IIRC none of the ones arguing have, Joe Cardas say that he doesn't know how this works neither so IMO it is not a matter of being color blind or not is a matter of common sense...

I'm not a believer I'm an observer; an observer that can not explain why you think the way you do, when you say things that you just said. But you did say them did you not?
Now, if I couldn't read; is it now fact that you didn’t express you can’t hear some things?

Your CD3000's sound different then your UE9 do they not? Why do they sound different? Why does any thing sound different? Why do things smell different? Why are things different shapes?
Because there are laws for everything in existence, algorithms that determine reactions to actions (life).
If you change copper wire to play dough how can that not have a variant outcome?

Instead of asking how powercords can have an effect, you need to ask how can they not? And if you can not observe the reaction to an action, why not?

Jan 14, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #57 of 89
Quote:

I'm not a believer; I'm an observer, an observer that can not explain why you think the way you do, when you say things that you just said. But you did say them did you not?
Now, if I couldn't read; is that fact that you didn’t express you can’t hear some things?

Man to be honest with you this post is completelly out of my understanding...Would you mind to elaborate in a simpler english for me...if you want PM me, I do not wan to to say things that I do not like to...

Matt I have tried things that even beleived they will not work at all, and some of them did, but others did not, I do not see anything wrong on that, other than with my logic. So I should not try what I do not beleive will work?

Quote:

Instead of asking how a different powercords can have an effect, you need to ask how can they not? And if you can not observe the reaction to an action, why not?

It is not so easy to prove a negative, that is why it is a lot simpler to prove what is true, and can be measured, instead of what is not true and can not, but not even after applying this logic, anybody have been able yet, so why asking me for a miracle of trying to prove what is a lot harder? Even less while I do not need it, I do not sell them, and I do not need to convince any customer that my cables do have an impact...

Also you are beginning this argument stating that why different power cords can have an effect, so for you that is a fact, they have an impact, just that it is a fact that nobody have been able to prove yet...LOL...

Also actually I never asked how different power cords can have an effect, or different effects, what I asked was why a power cord (any) stock cheap, hospital grade, computer grade, expensive or cheap, should have any effect, as to me, and to my limited knowledge, I was not able to find any logic explantion, and even less a scientifically based one, for that effect to be there, but if you can offer one, I will gladly take it...but what I will not take anymore, is that is there becasue I hear it, sorry...I do not...so what???

Jan 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #58 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by weeeeesquirrel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Came across this and wondered if anyone had taken one for the team and tried this out? I searched forums and was surprised nothing posted about it... anyone???

Product Link:
Musicdirect - CARDAS - AYRE ACOUSTICS (IBE) BURN-IN CD

Track 4 scares me.
frown.gif

Sorry if I confused you Sov I was just trying express that real common sense would not be so hasty to immediately discard such claims.

Now don’t get me wrong, I'm probably not going to go out and buy this to get rid of magnetic fields, but at the same time I’m probably not going to rule out that it is complete BS and call everyone stupid because I don’t understand or agree with his claims or theories.

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #59 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's odvious you have never had a high performance muscle car with a big block motor that knocks and pings with regular or to a degree premium gasoline.

The only thing I found to stop the knock and ping was the gasoline additive "Octane Boost"

Also where I live and work we regularly use an additive called gasline antifreeze...it keeps any water in the tank from freezing in the lines

You might want to stick to topics you actually have knowledge about

I was talking about the ones that claim to raise MPG or reduce emissions. Next time, take the time to read my post before flaming me.

Jan 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #60 of 89
Quote:

I was talking about the ones that claim to raise MPG or reduce emissions. Next time, take the time to read my post before flaming me.

The octane boost did raise the MPG...made the engine run better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back