**1ST REVIEW** CARDAS - AYRE ACOUSTICS (IBE) BURN-IN CD... Has anyone tried this???
Jan 12, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #16 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only problem is, all the evidence is always from another company that uses pseudo-science and gimmicks in their marketing claims. How can this be taken as truth? I think "why" is a pretty decent question to ask.

So now Ayre Acoustics is just another "pseudo-science and gimmicks company".
It is my understanding after reading reviews and actually listening to some of their equipment Ayre Acoustics is a well respected audio component manufacturer.

Can you show where they use "pseudo-science"? in their marketing.

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #17 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So now Ayre Acoustics is just another "pseudo-science and gimmicks company".
It is my understanding after reading reviews and actually listening to some of their equipment Ayre Acoustics is a well respected audio component manufacturer.

Can you show where they use "pseudo-science"? in their marketing.

Cardas developed the product, not Ayre. Cardas is a "pseudo-science and gimmicks company". Note the wood blocks and the "Golden Ratio stranded conductors".

Its fairly shameful for Ayre to even put their names on this product.

If a developer doesn't even know how or why their product works, why the hell would you believe that it does? Because they said so?

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #18 of 89
Quote:

Cardas developed the product, not Ayre. Cardas is a "pseudo-science and gimmicks company". Note the wood blocks and the "Golden Ratio stranded conductors".

If a developer doesn't even know how or why their product works, why the hell would you believe that it does? Because they said so?

Why is it shameful?
I assume that if they actually put their name on it they have probably tried it, with as they state positive effect.

Are you speaking from first hand experience, have you ever used the disc in question?

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #19 of 89
Quote:

And here we go again....
Another inexperienced kid telling us how things he's never tried can't work.

I'm so tired of people like you trashing threads, and I can't believe you've called Cardas a "pseudo-science and gimmicks company".
Nothing could be further from the truth and it shows exactly how much you DON'T KNOW!
mad.gif

Congratulations punk, you just made the list.

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #20 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is it shameful?
I assume that if they actually put their name on it they have probably tried it, with as they state positive effect.

Are you speaking from first hand experience, have you ever used the disc in question?

If someone came up to you offering you a bottle of a mysterious "medicine" and said it could cure cancer, AIDS and restore you to perfect health and provided no explanation why, would you buy it just to see if it worked? Thats snake oil.

Same thing is going on here. I don't understand the mindset that everything has to be bought and tried even if the product has no scientific backing in the slightest. KIND OF LIKE EVERY OVERPRICED CARDAS PRODUCT.

Its somewhat sad to see how adamantly you defend such products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
Congratulations punk, you just made the list.

What list is that Todd? The list of people who have told you you're wrong?

Oh sorry Todd, I didn't notice your industry connections earlier. Of course you are going to defend them.

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #21 of 89
Quote:

If someone came up to you offering you a bottle of a mysterious "medicine" and said it could cure cancer, AIDS and restore you to perfect health and provided no explanation why, would you buy it just to see if it worked? Thats snake oil.

Same thing is going on here. I don't understand the mindset that everything has to be bought and tried even if the product has no scientific backing in the slightest. KIND OF LIKE EVERY OVERPRICED CARDAS PRODUCT.

What list is that Todd? The list of people who have told you you're wrong?

Oh sorry Todd, I didn't notice your industry connections earlier. Of course you are going to defend them.

Have you ever tried a set of cardas cables? Have you tried the disc mentioned by the OP?

I'll refresh your memory:

"wondered if anyone had taken one for the team and tried this out?"

please, just stop posting. no one cares about your opinion.

Jan 12, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #23 of 89
Quote:

I just ordered it. "Took one for the team" if you will. Tell me exactly how a sine sweep is supposed to "clear up" magnetism. Or how I can even measure the supposed effects. Thats right, pretty much all these gimmicky products rely on their results being immeasurable.

You actually bought that gimmick?

Wow, what a waste of money!

You do know that it's all snake oil, right?

Jan 12, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #24 of 89
Quote:

So to get this staight, a kid has come up and told me that all products from Ayre and Cardas are snake oil, with no explaination as to why, so I am to except this as truth and not experiment myself ? that son is not snake oil, that is arrogance

Jan 12, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #27 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by yotacowboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
George Cardas thinks you're snake oil, too.

If what he says about Cardas is true, wouldn't George think he is Gullible?
assuming he did actually purchase the disc

Jan 12, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #28 of 89
What you need to burn in, the headphones? That is the only part of the system that will offer an slightly noticeable change after burn in, and for that you do not need to spend money, just download pink noise from the Bink Audio Test CD, free here, and alternate Pink Noise and the track of silence a few times on a CD (to give the driver a break as the Pink noise is highly energetic) and play it continuously at normal volume, or simply pay some dynamic music for a few days and period....

Jan 12, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #29 of 89
I was never arguing against the noise tracks, I was focused entirely on the "demagnetization" tracks. When a product claims to do the impossible, you don't need to purchase and test it yourself to know that it will not change anything. This is one of this forums greatest faults, being almost entirely subjective and supporting fairy-tale claims of people hearing what cannot be heard. The outright banning of DBT pretty much sums up the forum's inefficacies as far as amplification, so-called "tweaks", and cables go, as well as being the nail in the coffin for anyone trying to argue objectivity. This forum still rocks for headphones though!

I don't think George Cardas himself is snake oil, he seems affable enough; however, I think the whimsical products he peddles certainly are. Alas, I have bought this CD, though I doubt I will be proved otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back