1st post and of course, need help
Jun 9, 2023 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

knght990

New Head-Fier
Hello

I suppose this is how most people end up on a forum. Either they have a massive interest or need help.
So, time to show my ignorance.
For the last 6 or 7 years I've been using a set of Senn CX985s with various Samsung phones for a portable music experience. Recently I started using an iBasso DC05 with ripped CD music or Tidal streaming to try and get more from my headphones. Sadly, the place where the ear peice and wire connect has degraded. I used heat shrink tube to stop the degradation, but it just didn't seem the same to me. I got a pair of Momentum HD ear buds and added foam tips, they are ok, but don't feel the same.
Can anyone suggest a replacement for the CX985s?

Generally, I prefer warmer sounding headphones, but the CX985s kinda got everything right for me.

At home I use Beyer DT990s 80ohm with my laptop and the iBasso DC05 or Beyer DT990 250ohm with a Schiit Magni. I'll admit they don't sound much different to me, but I suppose that makes sense.

I recently picked up a DC03 to use on the go, I like the little volume buttons on it so I don't have to go into a menu all the time.

Anyway, great if you can help. Happy to answer questions if I can.

If not, Hi anyway! It's fun to lurk in this forum.

-TL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back