1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jun 11, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #961 of 1,586
I bet now that you have said that someone will take you up on it. i already have the balanced cable so I am all set.

LoL! as I was finding my photo I see someone already replied to your offer!

Does that cable fit the H1707? The H1707 has really narrow openings for the 2.5mm plug. So only very specific 2.5mm plugs fit. Judging from the photo of your cable, I don’t think it would fit the 1More.

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #962 of 1,586
Does that cable fit the H1707? The H1707 has really narrow openings for the 2.5mm plug. So only very specific 2.5mm plugs fit. Judging from the photo of your cable, I don’t think it would fit the 1More.

The NH is like that also. Here are the plugs. The 1More is upstairs in a cupboard that shares a wall with the neighbor so I don't want to rummage around at 2am and wake them. I am wondering about the poles. Not sure how everything is wired inside.

R0014753.JPG

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #963 of 1,586
The NH is like that also. Here are the plugs. The 1More is upstairs in a cupboard that shares a wall with the neighbor so I don't want to rummage around at 2am and wake them. I am wondering about the poles. Not sure how everything is wired inside.

Ah, those look like they’ll work.

The wiring should be exactly the same.

That’s pretty standard, with the very tip of a 2.5 or 3.5mm plug (the T or tip in TRS) being the +, and the bottom of the plug (the S or sleeve in TRS) being the ground.

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #964 of 1,586
Ah, those look like they’ll work.

The wiring should be exactly the same.

That’s pretty standard, with the very tip of a 2.5 or 3.5mm plug (the T or tip in TRS) being the +, and the bottom of the plug (the S or sleeve in TRS) being the ground.

The NH plugs are mono though...so there is a pole not being used in yours?

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #965 of 1,586
The NH plugs are mono though...so there is a pole not being used in yours?

Correct. 1More is mono as well. The plugs I used just happen to be stereo capable, but are wired for mono.

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #967 of 1,586
There was someone talking about needing an extra pole for the tweeter, but I suspect that was confusion

Nah, that rumor is 100% false.

Anyone with a multimeter can analyze the stock cable themselves. The 2.5mm plug on each channel of the stock H1707 cable are TRS plugs (tip, ring, sleeve). However, only the tip and sleeve are used (the tip is used for the + signal of each channel, and the sleeve is the ground). The center terminal (the ring) on the stock plugs are not used (ie they're not connected to anything; no tweeters, no nothing). This means that the stock plugs are in reality nothing more than mono (TS) plugs.

1More likely ran into the exact same parts sourcing issue I did for my mmcx adapters — the 2.5mm TRS plugs are more readily available (and thus cheaper) than 2.5mm TS (ie mono) plugs. The decision to use one in place of the other is strictly a cost/parts availability thing, and nothing more.

A TRS (stereo) plug can be used as a substitute for a TS (mono) plug. However, you cannot use a TS (mono) plus as a substitute for a TRS stereo plug.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #968 of 1,586

Anyone with a multimeter can analyze the stock cable themselves. The 2.5mm plug on each channel of the stock cable are TRS plugs (tip, ring, sleeve). However, only the tip and sleeve are used (the tip is used for the + signal of each channel, and the sleeve is the ground). The center terminal (the ring) on the stock plugs are not used - they're not connected to anything.

Just like the mmcx adapters I made, it is cheaper and easier to find 2.5mm TRS plugs than it is to find 2.5mm TS (ie mono) plugs. It's strictly a cost and parts availability thing, and nothing more.

A TRS (stereo) plug can be used as a TS (mono) plug. However, you cannot use a TS (mono) plus as a TRS stereo plug.

You really should learn yourbl stuff one of these days! :wink:

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #969 of 1,586

Anyone with a multimeter can analyze the stock cable themselves. The 2.5mm plug on each channel of the stock H1707 cable are TRS plugs (tip, ring, sleeve). However, only the tip and sleeve are used (the tip is used for the + signal of each channel, and the sleeve is the ground). The center terminal (the ring) on the stock plugs are not used (ie they're not connected to anything; no tweeters, no nothing). This means that the stock plugs are in reality nothing more than mono (TS) plugs.

1More likely ran into the exact same parts sourcing issue I did for my mmcx adapters — the 2.5mm TRS plugs are more readily available (and thus cheaper) than 2.5mm TS (ie mono) plugs. The decision to use one in place of the other is strictly a cost/parts availability thing, and nothing more.

A TRS (stereo) plug can be used as a substitute for a TS (mono) plug. However, you cannot use a TS (mono) plus as a substitute for a TRS stereo plug.

Yes, 1More dose not use the ring of the TRS connector. For each channel, the two drivers' positive terminals are wired to the same tip or the TRS plug. The rumor that started by this YouTube reviewer turned out to be false.

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #970 of 1,586
Yes, 1More dose not use the ring of the TRS connector. For each channel, the two drivers' positive terminals are wired to the same tip or the TRS plug. The rumor that started by this YouTube reviewer turned out to be false.

I had never seen that and wondered where the rumor came from. Interesting.

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #971 of 1,586
I had never seen that and wondered where the rumor came from. Interesting.

It is interesting to note that most of these false rumors come from YouTube. Like the KZ ZS5 having “fake drivers”

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #972 of 1,586
It is interesting to note that most of these false rumors come from YouTube. Like the KZ ZS5 having “fake drivers”

We watch some of them now and again for entertainment (on the smart tv)... when we don't have time for a real tv show.

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #973 of 1,586
Got the mmxc connectors @ClieOS :)

They fit both the H1707's and the Nighthawks. Using a balanced cable off of the ES100. Awesome!

IMG_1817.JPG

Jun 26, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #975 of 1,586

Users who are viewing this thread

Back